Thursday, 3 January 2008

Dealing with Bureaucracy

Nothing serious...

It's just that I just came back from the Chinese Embassy to apply for visa to China and as always they are very efficient. Little waiting time and the counter staff were actually quite friendly. (This was an improvement from the time they were at the old office near the British High Comm where anything goes). I was there for less than 10 minutes!

The same cannot be said about the waiting time at Japan Embassy in Kuala Lumpur. Sigh... They have only 1 counter to deal with Malaysians applying for Japan Visa. I usually brace myself for at least 1 hour waiting time there.

Entering Japan Embassy is another problem. I have to surrender my mobile phone at the guard house and even go through a metal detector before being allowed to enter the Embassy's compound! Talk about security!

Why am I talking about this? I am bracing myself to go there to apply my visa. Now I have to decide whether to use our usual travel agent for the tickets (and pay extra surcharges) or buy direct from JAL and go through the hassle. (I am leaning toward travel agent right now). We'll see...

6 comments:

  1. The Chinese embassy is great. Was just there a couple of months ago and when I had a few questions they were really efficient and knew the answers and I was not once directed to another queue where someone else could better answer my questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traveller,
    yeas, they are really awesome. Now, if only all Embassies are like that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when I applied for my spousal visa, I had to do pretty much the same thing. But now I need to get a visa every time I leave the country! Otherwise they won't let me back in.

    I don't need to store my phone when I do this though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. salam lina,
    gitu sekali ke?
    Kenapa tiba2 mereka sampai strict sangat?
    Macamlah Msia tu sarang orang terror!
    Geram pula tengok diorang macam tu dgn orang msia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. contamination,
    I'm wondering about the phone too. So inconvenient. Well, they did have a public phone installed within the embassy.

    Kak Lela,
    itulah... takut sangat. part ke Embassy ni yg saya tak suka. Mereka takut bawak bom dlm henpon kot. :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lina,

    Pekakkan telinga jer dgn diorang tu...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...