Wednesday, 16 January 2008

Seijin No Hi



A few fellow bloggers posted about this Coming of Age day (Seijin no hi), and I am actually quite late in posting about this. To me as a tourist, this day is a great photo op as there'll be many young adults in kimono (what do you call what the guys are wearing?) walking around. So either take photos with permission or stealthily - up to you.


Melanie has some photos she took at Atsuta Shrine in Nagoya
Shari wrote about Milestones in different countries and viewpoints
HE, a fellow Malaysian wrote about what it means to be an adult (legal to smoke, alcohol, voting)
Mama IQ had some 'makan-makan" on the day
Tokyo Tom was just happy it's a day off

Trivia : do you know that Japan has more public holidays than Malaysia?

4 comments:

  1. yup. i knew that japan has more holiday than msia. it was back when i was in japanese junior high school in Osaka. I was explaining about msian holiday to a Japanese friend.
    but i always feel that japan do not have that much holiday like in msia. n i wonder why....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love visiting Japan. Definitely a photographer's paradise. I remember the rare geisha girls walking through the streets. Yes, I did know about Japan's vast holidays like Golden Week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny - people always think that Japan = work work work & no holiday.

    avc8teur,
    I like Golden Week's sale :-) but not the holidaying crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want more public holidays! And a coming of age party for me!! Haha..

    I think they need the holidays, they're working too hard as it is. See how they end up needing courses on showing love to their spouses, not enough family time.

    BYE!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...