Wednesday, 30 July 2008

Life is Short

We got a shocking news at the office today. A friend who is also a colleague of mine passed away suddenly. He was still in his 30s. By the time another friend and also colleague managed to get into his rented house, his body was already rigid. He died alone...

All of us in the office were shocked to hear the news. We saw him yesterday, joked around, chided him about our yet to be resolved printer problem (he was in IT) and I also just talked to him about him looking rather tired. He said he was a bit stressed. And today, he was gone.

He will be sorely missed.

Do you know what I am scared of? Dying in the house, with just Raimie waiting for me to wake up. I'd rather die alone than have Raimie with me not knowing what to do and what had happen to me. Since he was 3, I taught Raimie how to open doors and hold keys in case of emergencies. Zaini taught him how to make calls using our handphones. And we've already talked about death to Raimie. Not all the gory details of course, but enough for him to understand the concept of death.

Life is short and we should fill it with meaningful memories.

I sure hope that in case I didn't turn up to office, someone would care enough about me to check on me.

10 comments:

  1. We just never know, do we? How sad that this co-worker was only in his 30s. We must trust in and follow Jesus now so we will be prepared for eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about that. I guess my wife and I also have to start thinking how will teach our 2 year old about death as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My deepest condolences. Life is really short, so we have to live the way we want it so we won't have any regrets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lina, so sorry to hear about your colleague. Life's indeed very short. Every breath and every moment counts while the clock ticks away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks everyone for your kind words.
    We'll be leaving for the funeral in Ipoh, Perak in a short while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. The weird thing is, I was only just thinking about that sort of stuff this morning. With hubby away for a couple of weeks, I wondered what would happen if something happened to me while he was away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. **HUGS** Indeed, life is short and you never know what's really going to happen next.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Melanie & Joy,
    thank you.
    I'm always afraid if I die when hubby is not in town and no one realize that I'm gone. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tough stuff to deal with but part of life, you can't life your life in fear. Take your time to think about this thought so you feel comfortable with it, hard stuff to deal with!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...