Wednesday, 17 September 2008

Crayon Shin Chan Movies, Anyone?

This past months, we've had Crayon Shin-chan movies shown on our free TV (NTV7, specifically) every Sunday evening. A movie is split to two showings, each for an hour. After watching so many Shin-chan movies, I realized that this anime has a movie out every year.

(For those not in the know, Crayon Shin-chan follows the antics of five-year-old Shinnosuke "Shin" Nohara,his parents, baby sister, neighbors, and friends and is set in Kasukabe, Saitama Prefecture, Japan). I always thought Kasukabe is a fictional town.

I am not a fan of Shin-chan, but both my boys (Zaini and Raimie) loves it. Even though the anime shown in Malaysia is rather heavily censored than the full Japanese version, it still doesn't suit my "motherly" sensibility. Heh! Also, there are lots of lost in translation moments when this anime is dubbed to another language. (Did I tell you I hate dubbed TV programs?)

And oh, the Malay language comic of Shin-Chan is called Adik/Dik Cerdas (rough translation: brilliant kid). When I was in college, my friends used to spend a lot of money buying the comic (the Shin-chan comics and Doraemon's).

Shin Chan's movies:

1993: Action Kamen vs Haigure Devil クレヨンしんちゃん アクション仮面VSハイグレ魔王
1994: Treasure of Buri Buri Kingdom クレヨンしんちゃん ブリブリ王国の秘宝
1995: Plot of Unkokusai クレヨンしんちゃん 雲黒斎の野望
1996: Adventure in Henderland クレヨンしんちゃん ヘンダーランドの大冒険
1997: Pursuit of the Dark Tama Tama クレヨンしんちゃん 暗黒タマタマ大追跡
1998: Blitzkrieg! Pig's Hoof's Secret Mission クレヨンしんちゃん 電撃!ブタのヒヅメ大作戦
1999: Boom! Exciting Battle at the Hot Spring/Kureshin Paradise! Made in Saitama クレヨンしんちゃん 爆発!温泉わくわく大決戦/クレしんパラダイス!メイド・イン・埼玉
2000: The Storm Called Rumble in the Jungle クレヨンしんちゃん 嵐を呼ぶジャングル
2001: The Storm Called: The Adult Empire Strikes Back クレヨンしんちゃん 嵐を呼ぶ モーレツ!オトナ帝国の逆襲
2002: The Storm Called: The Battle of the Warring States クレヨンしんちゃん 嵐を呼ぶ アッパレ!戦国大合戦
2003: The Storm Called: Glorious Grilled Meat Road クレヨンしんちゃん 嵐を呼ぶ 栄光のヤキニクロード - ok, we've watched the movies up to this one on free TV
2004:
The Storm Called: The Kasukabe Boys of the Evening Sun クレヨンしんちゃん 嵐を呼ぶ!夕陽のカスカベボーイズ
2005: The Legend Called Buri Buri 3 Minutes Charge クレヨンしんちゃん 伝説を呼ぶブリブリ 3分ポッキリ大進撃
2006: The Legend Called: Dance! Amigo! クレヨンしんちゃん 伝説を呼ぶ 踊れ!アミーゴ!
2007: The Legend Called: The Singing Bomb クレヨンしんちゃん 嵐を呼ぶ 歌うケツだけ爆弾!
& the one that got both Zaini and Raimie pretty excited:




Crayon Shin-chan
Midsummer Night: Here I Come! The Storm is Called Den-O vs. Shin-O 60 Minute Specialクレヨンしんちゃん 真夏の夜に オラ 参上! 嵐を呼ぶ 電王VSしん王 60分スペシャル
2008: クレヨンしんちゃん ちょー嵐を呼ぶ 金矛の勇者

3 comments:

  1. my kids enjoy watching crayon shin-chan too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother and I love crayon shin-chan. After every episode, he'll mimic his antics and I would have a great laugh over it.

    Well, that was a couple of years back but it still bring back memories whenever we talked abou it.

    Crayon forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @life ramblings & C K,
    kids like them, but even as a kid I am not a fan of crayon shin-chan. No memories for me about this boy! :D

    Raimie does like to wiggle his butt imitating shin-chan.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...