Saturday, 1 November 2008

Japan Visa Application Requirement Update

A public service announcement for Malaysians travelling to Japan in the near future:

From 28 Oct, 2008 applicants are no longer required to submit confirmed flight itinerary issued by travel agent. Instead, applicants must submit tentative itinerary in Japan. However, tourists/business travelers who hold a short stay visa are required to show return ticket at the entry point.

This new ruling makes more sense to me, because if you've already booked your ticket sand your visa application got rejected, what are you going to do with that ticket of yours, especially if you bought a non-refundable, non-exchangeable ticket?

I'll be visiting the Japan Embassy in Jalan Stonor soon, not for me but for my boss & family's application. We'll see how that goes.

6 comments:

  1. Yea, that definitely sounds more logical. They must be getting smarter over there.. :P With regards to tourism at least.

    Uhh, semua pun pergi Jepun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shaun,
    they relaxed the requirements a bit since Apr this year.

    My boss & family? Ya lor, semua fly off for 2 weeks. Pity though, this is one place I don't always get souvenirs from my boss. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo..ingatkan lina nak mai sini lagi..hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. why so troublesome? I had some Malaysian students from Miri who were going to Japan for a student exchange. Their visa took so long to process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @hanny,
    hehehe...mai, mesti mai. tawun depan. hubby kata 21Sep (my besday) paling cantik nak ke sana, tapi tu time RAYA! huhuhu

    @ECL,
    fear of illegal immigrants, I should say. :-(
    For tourists, we had to show at least RM6k per person in our bank account to be considered for a visa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, definitely more sensible ruling. Btw, I have an award for you. Pls collect at my blog here

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...