Wednesday, 14 January 2009

Ramen For Dinner

Did we tell you we love ramen? Of course we did.

Another night out for dinner and what to eat? Ramen at where else - Ichiban Ramen, Jusco Cheras Selatan (yet again).


Zaini's spicy chicken ramen

My Nagasaki ramen. I was actually quite apprehensive about this ramen, looking at the corns inside the bowl but I have to admit, the sweetness of the corn really complements the ramen's broth.

My big shrimp in the ramen. Not one but two of them! Super.

My latest favourite food - Mabo Tofu. Unlike the mabo tofu I had earlier, this one was less sweet and the smell of the sauce (or chilli) was more pungent. The sweet and sourish taste of this dish is really to our liking.

Raimie's dinner: chawan mushi and Japanese fried rice. Fried rice seems to be the food of choice for children dining here. We saw other parents almost always ordering this for their kids too.

10% discount for J-Card members during the weekdays but unfortunately no discount during the weekends. Total bill for the night: RM56.80. Worth every single sen of it.

11 comments:

  1. Ooh..the spicy chicken ramen look so good..*slurp* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The giant shrimp looks so yummy! I love shrimps, but they must be fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @MBL,
    They are good and cheap too!

    @foong,
    me too! If not fresh, no point getting big shrimps. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. the food looks scrumptious and my tummy is rumbling away. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Ramen and Raw Sushi!! Japanese food is the greatest!!! I'm hungry now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Ramen as well. I fill it with bok choy, onions and all kinds of veggies. I like the shrimp idea so I will try that as well. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Life Ramblings,
    don't rumble too loud, people will stare. LOL

    @trench,
    Go eat. Quickly! :D

    @Poetic Shutterbug,
    Sounds delicious. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Japanese ramen.
    There are several good ramen eateries in Singapore. The soup is very flavourful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh... the ramen you showed look yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love mabo tofu! The chinese mabo tofu is nice. Chawanmushi a=is nice too. yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Nagasaki ramen was sumptous. One thing about japanese restaurants though, they all like serving chahan, chawan mushi and mabo tofu; they're so popular among japanese and locals. :D

    Personally I prefer Sapporo ramen now, all vegs suit my current diet preferences :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...