Saturday, 23 May 2009

Enjoying The Spring Air at Shinobazu Pond

Just the other day, someone mentioned to me that it's been two years since we last went to Japan. Wow, someone was sure counting. XD

Well, it's only been 14 months, but that remark got me browsing our 2008 vacation photos. Here are some photos we took at Shinobazu Pond in Ueno Park in March last year.

We went to the Park on our last day in Tokyo before taking a night train to Kanazawa. The day was sunny and we did enjoy pedaling around the pond and enjoying the crisp cold Spring air.


Plenty of ducks sightings here, the live duck and the one that you have to pedal to move it around the pond. We didn't rent the swan type boat as the rental was higher (I think it was 100 yen more, but 100 yen = RM3.60 so it is a bit steep) than the normal ones (see the turqoise boat in the photo above).

Also saw a couple pedaling in a row boat but it was the girl who did all the pedaling. How chivalrous of the boyfriend. Not!

Three happy camper, pedaling in a boat. I'm wearing the exact same blouse as in the photo today.

19 comments:

  1. That's so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

    enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ayie,
    It was fun! But I bet it will be too cold for us to go pedaling there again come December! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the happy faces of the family! :D
    No going to Japan, the flu is on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ECL,
    true. Saw the NHK news yesterday night about how school authorities have to decide whether to close school instead of a blanket closing for schools in districts. @_@

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three very happy faces! :) Happy weekend.

    Thanks for checking out my sis' entry in the STAR papers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like you had joyful memories with your loved ones, anywhere and anytime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. dropping my EC here and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Mei Teng,
    your sis' photo is amazing. Hope she'll win. :)
    And I'll vote for your eagle too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I just stopped by to drop on your Entrecard and wanted to let you know that you have been added to Blog Angel's All Above The Crease Drop List. I created this list because I was sick of wasting time trying to find people's Ecards. You and everyone on the list has their Entrecards in an easy to find location. Stop by and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Life Ramblings,
    when your loved ones are with you, everything can be OK. :)
    Hope you have a great weekend too. Playing blocks today? :D

    @blogangel,
    I certainly will.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice duckeys, lol. xD

    For me I don't think swan boat is so nice. The neck blocking the front view. :\

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Jim,
    ha! I didn't really thought of that! True lah - the swan's neck blocked the view.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was fun! I'm sure you had a great time with your family there. Does that makes you want to go there again?

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice view there.. I wonder I wonder When I can go to your country and see it with my own eyes, since I`m kust a poor Indonesian :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. @foong,
    Ueno Park always featured in our itinerary simply because there's a big toy store nearby it! LOL
    Going to Japan - definitely! Over and over again. :)

    @Blogger Rise,
    Do you mean Malaysia? :D Fares are cheap now.

    Going to Japan and anywhere else for that matter, is becoming cheaper nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How nice that the pedal boats have a roof! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. lol - great fun!

    I stopped by to drop an EntreCard and have stayed almost an hour!! So much to read here and so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Vera,
    and cover us from the hot sun. :)

    @airfare-now.com,
    thanks for stopping and read. Much appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...