Wednesday, 16 December 2009

Enjoyable Rides At Disneyland

With a huge crowd at Disneyland, deciding on what rides to go for is important to fully maximise our fun time there. Due to a really, really packed park and because this was our third time to the park (second for Raimie), we chose not to go for the rides that had more than two hours' queue.

Our first ride was at the Grand Circuit Raceway.  Raimie was all too happy to take the wheel.
 
Next, we entered Snow White's adventure ride. Although there were plenty of parents with small children entering this ride, I wouldn't say that this is a ride for kids (or the faint hearted) It can be quite scary in there what with going through a menacing forest and being face to face with the wicked witch.
 
 
Then, we head off for Toontown and Raimie got to run around while Zaini went to get our fastpass for Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster ride. When Raimie was three, we didn't go for the Gadget's Go Coaster ride, so that was the ride we went on this time in Toontown. Raimie and I managed to get seats right at the front of the coaster. Cool!
 

 
Then a ride on a full boat on Mark Twain's riverboat. Taking the riverboat is more relaxing than going on Tom Sawyer's Island Rafts or pedaling a canoe under the hot sun that we experienced that day.
 
 
Afer a quick lunch, we had fun blasting off aliens and evil Zurg at Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster. After a walk around Westernland under a hot blistering sun, entering this ride was a welcome respite. With our fastpass, we managed to enter almost immediately at our designated time. Otherwise, a queue for this ride was one and half an hour.

 
Then, it was off to Adventureland and on the Jungle Cruise whilst enjoying the guide's narration.
 
We were at first put off by the long at the new Monsters Inc. Ride & Go Seek ride, with a queue of more than 2 hours there and fastpass already ran out by noon. But Raimie wanted to go on it, so Zaini joined the line while Raimie and I waited nearby. Both Raimie and I spent time walking around in the souvenir shops and taking photos while we wait for our turn. Poor Zaini, standing in line for 2 hours because his son wanted to go on the ride. That's love, I tell you. :)
 
After our ride on Monsters Inc, and having a blast watching the night parade and enjoying a spooky time at the Haunted Mansion (taking the Haunted Mansion ride when the sun already set added more to the spooky anticipation), we still had time and a little bit of energy for one more ride and we went on the Pirates Of The Carribean ride before making our way to Maihama Station for our trip back to the hotel.

A tiring but enjoyable time at Disneyland. A day here is definitely not enough.

27 comments:

  1. hey foong I'm here now...but where are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice of daddy to wait for 2hrs alone just for his one and only boy....hmmm I wonder if hubs will do that? I can imagine him staying somewhere else where he can sit and just wait til we're done! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps you're in dreamland now...

    Oyasumi nasai!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I always love Disneyland, it's so much fun and brings out the kid in me :) Glad you're having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ayie,
    Hi ya Ayie. Yeah, when you commented, I was already deep in sleep. :)

    Ohayo Gozaimasu now. :D Foong should just woke up by now, right foong?

    Zaini is great with his son. He is a strict father but he does indulge his son too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Poetic Shutterbug,
    Yes, we all got to be kids that day and it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rides with a two hour long queue is definitely a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Mei Teng,
    A nightmare but because of the huge crowd and the highly popular new rides, a loooong queue at Disneyland is inevitable. At least, we can get fastpasses at certain rides.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *SOB* I wanna go to Disneyland too.. Dah besar gajah pun never been to Disneyland.. *SOB again*.. Raimie, can I boro lina as my mommy for a bit? :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ayie and Lina! I'm a day late!! Well, better late than never haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wait! Let me check who's top commenter! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh NOOO!! Ayie you beat me! How can this happen?! Must fight back to No. 1 again! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! So many rides! One day also not enough right? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fuyoh! Must queue up to 2 hours for a ride! I sure cannot tahan one, no such patience! Unless it's a queue to watch Mariah Carey, then can lah : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wah! Yes, queueing for 2 hours for your own son to ride, that's no doubt true love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like that's how it's gonna be for my big baby and little baby now =) You know who am I referring to =P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Foong! DId i? I never checked the top spot...I just knew I'm way way behind you! haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. See you're on top spot still =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Angel,
    Got one so near. Some more can fly with AirAsia. Go to HK lah... :)
    Cannot borrow Raimie's mommy. Nanti Raimie jealous. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. @foong,
    Definitely one day not enough. Ideally go Disneylad and stay at one of the Disney's hotel scattered aroud the park, but for us... cannot afford lah. One night already cost 40,000yen!

    I think the queue would be longer during public holiday. We went on a working day. But then, Japanese do seems to love their queue. LOL

    I actually nodded off to sleep while waiting for Zaini. He had to stand and wait and I slept. Zzzzz so bad, right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Ayie,
    And will you be a strict mom or a indulgent one? :)
    I'm afraid I am a softie when it comes to my son. I almost always give in to him.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wah! You doze off to sleep while waiting? I think that's true love for your son too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ayie, I normally don't check who's Top Commenter too. But I'm checking this one just for the fun of it since I commented so much the other day! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  24. @foong,
    Yeah, so bad of me. Dozing off while Zaini had to stand for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  25. @ Foong, I admit it's just fun to see who's catching up with both of us =P you're such a spammer so it's really hard to beat that! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like I'll be a strict one Lina but also a spoiler. I tend to be so giving but I want rules...I don't like unruly kids. daddy has to follow too! huh! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Ayie,
    I hate unruly kids too. Those who ran amok at public spaces, inconveniencing others and their parents didn't even bat an eyelid at them - that I hate.
    Daddy has been trained to follow Mommy's strict rules? Kidding!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...