Monday, 22 February 2010

Brainwashing The Family

Well, if your family just happen to not share the same interest and enthusiasm as you do about something; what do you do?

Zaini had earlier told me that there'd be absolutely no chance for me to drag him for a trip to Korea and Raimie shared the same sentiment too. Can't blame them though, because in the past when I think of South Korea, I thought of a mall collapsing and of numerous demonstration and not much else. All that changed for me once I got hooked watching KBS World and the myriad of programmes it offers.

Because I do harbour hope to visit the Country one day with Zaini and Raimie, I'm trying to subtlely  acclimatised  them to things Korean. The easiest ones are Korean TV and food.

I cooked some Korean influenced meal the other day for lunch. I should say it was healthy and yummy.
 
Grilled beef, tofu with stir-fried kimchi and asparagus, lettuce, kimchi and gochujang dip
  
My version of beef lettuce wrap. Raimie enjoyed this dish so much and to think it's pretty easy to prepare.

You should know that one of my favourite Korean variety show is Happy Sunday's 1Night 2Days and some things shown in the show kind of rubbed off to us. One of the silly ones are playing kawi-bai-bo (rock paper scissors) complete with finger flick as penalty for losers. I tell you, this game is hilarious.


Here we were, having fun playing silly games and flicking foreheads while waiting for our order during a dinner night outing for Ikan Bakar.

Now, excuse me while I go and obsessively watch 1N2D back epsiodes and laughing myself silly and annoy my family some more. 

20 comments:

  1. Wah! Brainwash son and hubby to like all things Korean so can go Korea? So evil! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen before that Korean game show : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...I like the title...brainwashing the family! :)

    This Korean program shown on astro?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @foong,
    Hahaha... I can get very dubious when I want something badly enough. :)

    You should watch KBS World on Astro someday. The show I'm talking about airs on Friday, 11.20pm and Sunday too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mei Teng,
    Yes, on channel 303.

    Plenty of good shows there, but unfortunately some like a documentary about people living in Korea titled 3 Days, is not convenient for me to watch. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. when you cooking for me? :P

    I will nvr get a chance to touch the tv... so no chance to watch any show :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ladyviral,
    when you invite me to come over your house! :D
    I cook for you there, can? :P

    No TV for you? So busy? Poor you. Well, I only get to watch TV on weekends but then most of the time it got monopolised by Raimie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hubby would probably want to strangle me. lol

    You got to visit South Korea!!! hehehe..... It has such beautiful scenery and interesting places to visit.

    I didn't enjoy the food although every day the table is covered with a wide spread of dishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww, i hope they will change their minds. korea is such an amazing place to visit. i hope to explore this country next year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ECL,
    I know - and I do want to visit all the places I saw on TV! :D

    And enjoy the food there. But before we go, got to do a bit of homework about their food - I need to know the ingredients of all the popular food so I get to enjoy the food and avoid those that I can't eat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Life Ramblings,
    You are planning to go next year? Wow - envy you. ^-^

    How's the planning for the coming trip going?

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Poetic Shutterbug,
    They are thawing to the idea. XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahaha brainwashing the boys! you are really doing it good considering you even cooked that much! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Ayie,
    I think I have a fighting chance to go to Korea one day, considering the boys enjoy Korean food nowadays. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Waaa I invite you to come my house you cook ar?! you bringing the ingredients or do I need to provide first? :P must prepare else later no food haha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ladyviral,
    what you want to eat first? If expensive, you provide I cook. If not I bring everything and we cook together. Can?
    Then ask Mei Teng and Foong take photos.
    Two three days later, five blogs posts about "makan" at LV's place. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. hmm, that is one excellent way to bend family to agree where I want to have our holidays. I've been wanting to visit Bali but hubby and daughter wants Bangkok.

    Maybe I should start cooking something Indonesian..

    ReplyDelete
  18. The veggies look great. What a nice introduction to the food. You can always win people over with food. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...