Friday, 28 May 2010

Becoming A Billionaire/The Birth Of The Rich

I don't really watch all that much Korean drama, preferring the variety shows like Let's Go Dream Team and 1N2D but there is one drama I look forward to each week titled Becoming A Billionaire/The Birth Of The Rich (부자의 탄생).

The drama follows the story of a man, Choi Suk Bong, who believes that he is actually the son of a rich father and heir to a chaebol group (family business/conglomerate or something...). He meets Lee Shin Mi, who is actually a chaebol heir but acts nothing like one, with her scrimping and frugal ways. Although they get off to a rocky start, with her help, he struggles towards his goal of attaining wealth.

It is a fun story, with liberal doses of light hearted scenes and comedy. My only problem is that I only watch TV on weekends and the time slot of 8.00am-11.00am on Sunday makes me having to fight for the time slot with Raimie and Zaini. LOL 

14 comments:

  1. Some of those soap dramas are addicting. Wait for it to come out on DVD. Maybe that way, you can watch it without interruption. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an excuse to get another tv set ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @AVCr8teur,
    not many Korean soaps&albums makes it way here. Only the really popular ones. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mei Teng,
    There are enough TV sets at home but only 1 Astro channel. Such a waste to subscribe more since we are only at home weekends. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seldom watch Korean drama, so I don't know much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, get another tv set :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOSH! I was just watching the 1st episode yesterday!! Yes it was interesting! Gonna watch the 2nd episode now!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Bengbeng,
    No point lah... more distraction to our already distracted family. Computers, games... no need more TV sets than the two we already have. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Cindy,
    The drama is interesting and fun. :)
    Are you watching it now on KBS World? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. nope... I saw the commercial that KBS world is airing it, but I don't like watching dramas with all the breaks in between... so.. i downloaded it..

    also for the subtitles, I prefer reading it in Chinese than English... hehe... =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I can read Chinese.
    1. Makes it much easier to read Kanji
    2. Some of the episodes of 1N2D available for download is only subbed in Chinese at Tudou. Sob sob

    ReplyDelete
  12. you're right. Knowing Chinese actually made me easier to learn Kanji when I first studied Japanese. =)

    Oh and for most of the Kdramas you can download the RAW version and then English softsubs from some of the sites I know.

    *soompi is a great site to provide some of the download links and online streaming according to particular titles too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. lina i watched some episodes here, it's on air in korean channel and i like it...kinda cute

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't watch much TV nowadays. Except for a few episodes of American Idol. Haha! Oh! But sometimes I get addicted to Hong Kong TVB dramas! Can watch from night till morning! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...