Monday, 31 May 2010

Cool Anime Stamps As Souvenirs

Apart from collecting stamps all around Japan's tourist spots and train stations like the  JR 77 stations' stamp rally, we love getting commemorative postage stamps in Japan. They do make cool souvenirs for us! I guess we are somewhat immature in things that we love about Japan and the stuff we take back as souvenirs. :3

For those into animes, you can rejoice getting postage stamps that features Doraemon, Conan, Fullmetal Alchemist (I think we need to get these for Zaini next time), Hello Kitty, Naruto and so much more!

Of course, we don't only collect anime related postage stamps, there are several more traditional postage stamps in our collection too.

Wouldn't mind getting these for the collection too...

Most post offices do offer some of these special stamps, but for more choice, you need to head off to bigger post office. We usually went to the central post office in Marunouchi or the one in Shinjuku.

Would you send a letter/postcard to yourself when you are abroad for the stamps? We would!

16 comments:

  1. Or you could send postcards to friends...but make sure they give you the stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool! ilike those stamps too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still watching the Fullmetal series till now. Awesome stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mei Teng,
    Cannotlah... nanti ruin the nice postcard the stamp is attached to. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ayie,
    They are, right? :)
    Maybe can send you a postcard from Japan in Sep, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @VanillaSeven,
    I watch them too. They are on Animax channel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not really into anime. I hardly watch Doraemon and stuffs. The only Jap show I watch are Hayao Miyazaki's Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away and a few others. My bro used to watch Bleach.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stamps are pretty cool. I guess will be super cool for fans of anime. Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never tried sending postcards from abroad back to my home. Maybe I should try it next time! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. @foong,
    One more thing for any anime fan to collect, apart from the merchandises. Haven't gotten ourselves the Ultraman stamps yet. They were sold only in boxes with Ultraman figures and they cost to much for us! Cannot find the same Ultraman stamps in the post office. Sad.... :(

    If I find any Miyazaki's masterpieces in form of stamps, I'll try and send you a postcard. OK? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. it has not crossed my mind to send a postcard from abroad to my home but it's a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @life ramblings,
    You should do it during your next visit! :)

    But of course, not everybody has a visit to the post office in their itinerary like us. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh sure =) i love your souvenirs =P

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Ayie,
    It'll be cool to get Miyazaki's works on stamps for you and Foong. I'll try to find them if there's any. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I missed this blog?!!! how how how?!!! ^_^ I received a Gege No Kitaro and Keroro Gunso stamps from my friends in Japan BUT I SEE ONE I LIKE AND WANT THE FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST STAMPS! (im a big big BIG fan of FMA)! Ive got Hello Kitty too ^^ i might have a bit of Miyazaki (love his work) Ahhh does it really tell Im an Anime addict LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. @cuteandcurls,
    Yes! How? How? How? You missed it? XD

    If we go to any big post office (usually we head to the one near Tokyo Station - but it was under construction last year; or Shinjuku) I'll look out for the FMA stamps. :) Zaini is a fan too, anyway. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...