Monday, 23 August 2010

Study Time For Mommy!

Less than one month till our vacation to Japan and I really, really need to refresh and familiarise myself towards the Japanese language again.

Admittedly I don't really know much, and what I depend on is the survival phrases and for that JapanesePod101 came handy with their Survival Phrase segment.

It's been a year since I listened to any of their podcasts (because I was too pre-occupied with all things Koreans this year) and it is high time I start listening again. Zaini and I have different roles when vacationing. He is the navigator and the planner. I am the talker. Need to ask for direction? Then that's my job.

And there's one more reason why I should better comprehend the language. I don't know why but when we were in Japan, I always get stopped by Japanese women and girls asking for directions, take their photos or whatever. There was one time, an old lady asked for the direction of a hotel  in Kinshicho and luckily, we were going the same way so we took her along with us. Walking towards the hotel, she just kept talking in Japanese to me and I just kept nodding! LOL

15 comments:

  1. Mommy can do it! :) I think Japanese and Chinese languages are not easy to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mei Teng,
    At least for me, Japanese language is easier to pronounce compared to Chinese! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a great trip, be safe and enjoy.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sandy,
    Thanks! I sure will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. like any language, mastering Japanese is hardly easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Life Ramblings,
    But genuine interest and enjoying the process definitely will help anyone in masterinf a new language. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lina.
    Easy for you, most probably you had been learning japanese before. Its maybe a little bit rusty, thats all, right?
    You should teach us a little bit about Japanese in here. Hehehehe....

    ReplyDelete
  8. @zezebel,
    any studying I did was actually by self-study. Just enough for me to understand what Japanese were speaking to me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What?! You visit Japan every year and still have not mastered the Japanese language?! OK, just kidding there! : D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm, why you always got stopped in Japan? U look like a Japanese?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes Japanese language is easier to learn than Mandarin! I am still having lots of trouble learning Mandarin! Grrrr!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @foong,
    Yalar... go so many times but suck at the language. XD

    I don't know why but that always happen when I'm Japan. Maybe I look friendly? LOL

    Did I tell you about one time a tourist either from S'pore or M'sia asked me to take her photo, and the way she spoke to me was as if I have limited knowledge of English. She spoke really slowly and with plenty of gesturing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wonder if I'll be mistaken as Japanese there too since here I'm often mistaken as one. I have to review Japanese again even writing before that Ghibli trip hubs intending for baby but for now I have to work on my spanish again so me and baby can go hand in hand with it

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Ayie,
    Who knows? XD So better brush up on your Japanese! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...