Sunday, 21 November 2010

Breakfast Of The Day Part II - At JAL City Hotel

Another breakfast-themed post from me. ;-)

We spent one night at Hotel JAL City in Sendai, utilizing my JAL coupon that I exchanged with my frequent flyer mileage. We got our room for 16,000yen per night which includes breakfast for two.
Our breakfast coupons.
The dining area. It has a rather "upscale" and sedate feel to it that wearing shorts when entering the restaurant feels improper for me. :D
The buffett area. The selection may not look much, but there were ample selection of food here; be it Japanese style or Western style breakfast.
My breakfast for the day. A variety of bread & pastries, along with a bow of piping hot rice, and an assortment of side dishes.
and what breakfast in Japan would be complete for us, without some sticky, gooey Natto too!

As you can see in the first photo, there were only two breakfast coupons and we are a party of three. Well... to save cost, only Mommy and Daddy went down to have breakfast while Raimie watched TV in our room. Being "naughty", I stashed away some bread and jams for Raimie in my bag that I took along with me. 

Have you ever stashed anything away to bring back from the buffett table? :p

17 comments:

  1. I like food pictures so feel free to post all the breakfast posts you want. :) I have not had natto before. It looks good although one has to brush their teeth again eating that. I might have stashed food once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you have the option of local or Western breakfasts in Japan. When I visited Hainan, most of the hotels have very poor local selections which were quite literally inedible by my standards. I prefer the choice of either local or international breakfasts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I love natto, been looking for these over here but can never find them :-( I have to admit I did stash some food too,why not? We cant waste very good yummy food right? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. @AVCr8teur,
    It doesn't stick too much once you chew it, those natto. But it sure doesn't smell good! XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mei Teng,
    What you said reminded me of my trip tp Shenzhen. We only were served local breakfast and I ended up only eating plain congee for breakfast that day! o.O

    ReplyDelete
  6. @cuteandcurls,
    There are plenty at Jusco Midvalley. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have yet to try natto. :P It doesn't look appetizing to me. I love Japanese pastry though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously????? Ooooh thanks Lina but I always go to Jusco Midvalley but never seem to find it hehehe UNLESS i wasnt reading the cans properly hehehehe Anyway thank for letting me know, I'll go there this week and be Natto HAPPYYYYY

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ECL,
    It's good. Think of eating tempeh.

    I love Japanese pastries too. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @cuteandcurls,
    It's located at the frozen section, together with Japanese ice creams, etc.

    Enjoy eating natto once you bought it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never tasted natto before! Wonder if I would like it!

    Haha!! Naughty! Curi food from buffet! No, I've never done that before! Mainly because I don't carry handbag! Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i might give natto a try someday. does it smell good?

    ReplyDelete
  13. @foong,
    Natto I've been told is an acquired taste but for me & Zaini, we love it! :)

    Ya, advantage for ladies - can curi makan and stash away food in our handbags. :D

    But then, I've seen shareholders tapauing food stashed is his pants pockets during a company's AGM. o.O

    ReplyDelete
  14. Caught! :D
    I thought my mom is the only one who stuffed the food under the table to take out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @VanillaSeven,
    Maybe Mommies are all like that, eh? :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love good breakfast that's why I always prepare something special every morning

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Ayie,
    Lucky you (and hubs & Jariel). :)

    Breakfast for me is always something bought while rushing to work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...