Tuesday, 30 November 2010

Tokyo Sky Tree

The Tokyo Sky Tree is a is a broadcasting, restaurant, and observation tower and is expected to be open to public by Spring 2012. 

Even before its completion, the Tokyo Sky Tree has become an attraction for visitors to Tokyo. Construction of the tower is scheduled to be completed by December 2011 at a record height of 634 meters, making it surpassing Tokyo Tower which stands at 333 meters. 

Tourists are already flocking to take photos of the yet to be completed tower and restaurants are selling tower-themed menu items.  We didn't go near the tower while we were in Japan in September but as we were based in Asakusa, the tower majestic height can be seen from almost every street in Asakusa. We can't miss it, jutting out and dominating the skyline. We saw locals and tourists alike stopping and photographing the tower from almost every angle.

Like I said, we didn't go near the tower but we managed to get a few shots of Tokyo Sky Tree from various places in Asakusa. Of course, the tower is in the background of every photo.

22 comments:

  1. Its look like to many haze in that place Lina?
    2012, still a long way to go then. Can still save money for a new trip. Hehehehe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. this will definitely give tourism a boost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @zezebel,
    It wasn't haze. The sky was overcast that day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @LR,
    Though I wonder whether visitor count to Tokyo Tower will decrease significantly once Tokyo Sky Tree opens to public.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I went to Tokyo a while back, I was amazed that I could see it all the way in Kawaguchi City, Saitama.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know i never got to say this but I think you have one of the best blog ever to promote Japan and I think heheheeh Japan Embassy should present you and family a sponsorship all paid trip to Japan..woot woot!! Its like whatever I want to know about Japan I can definitely come here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting. I hope you'll make a trip there when it opens so we can get a full report. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess we might even be able to view it from my old home in Higashi Asakusa... yup, I have a bad case of missing Japan nowadays...

    ReplyDelete
  9. @cuteandcurls,
    Haha, you think so? Thanks for the compliments. :)

    Japan Embassy to sponsor us? I wish! As it is, getting our visas to visit Japan each year had been a hassle. I guess the people at the Embassy in KL raised a red flag on us seeing that we kept returning to the country. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. @A Z Haida,
    I guess so. Hard to miss that tower, it being so tall.

    And reading about you missing Japan, makes me miss it more too! I better save up more $$$ now because even Raimie started talking about his next trip to Japan. Aiyoh! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Mei Teng,
    Yup. :)

    And to tell you the truth, I've yet been to KL Tower. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. @AVCr8teur,
    Have to wait patiently till 2012! XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Speaking of trip reports, slightly off topic, but did you ever climb mount fuji?

    ReplyDelete
  14. @floating camera,
    Nope, not a single time and haven't even been to the foot of the mountain yet, either. To climb, I guess I need my son to be much older to tag along. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cool way to say it... I like KL Tower.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh! I would love to go up that tower when it's ready. And I've been to KL Tower but nothing to shout about. So expensive some more cost me RM38!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @foong,
    Well, Tokyo Tower has a 800+yen entrance fees + separate fees for other exhibits & additional fee for its special observatory. So, I'm guessing this tower should have something similar to that. Lagi mahal! (and truthfully, that one os nothing to shout about. Heh!)

    But of course, I'd like to be observing Tokyo from the tower too at least once.

    ReplyDelete
  18. so unfair! i already left comments here last time and only to see none appeared -X

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Ayie,
    I wonder what's the problem. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...