Saturday, 1 January 2011

Food Erasers And Lovely Friends

My Son has a whole gamut of plastic sushi erasers bought while we were in Japan; in Kappbashi to be exact. Don't they just look absolutely delicious? My son likes to play "restaurant" with those erasers and coerced Mommy and Daddy to play along with him.

He was absolutely chuffed when he got some addition to his collection by the Anna from Budget  Trouble  when the lovely lady came to Malaysia for a warm Christmas R&R.

I love my blogging friends. They sure are one generous bunch. I've gotten many souvenirs either sent by them or passed to me if we have the chance to meet. It's always a great surprise opening my mailbox and see the treasures I might find in there from one of them; sometimes completely out of the blue. Not to mention those who open their homes to us whenever we were in their part of town.

I am taking this opportunity to say thank you so much to my blogging friends and visitors for all those great comments, lovely souvenirs and kind gestures you all have accorded to me and my family. We are blessed.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Not too sure whether this qualify for an entry for  Budget Trouble : Show Me Japan but what the heck!

22 comments:

  1. So he collects food erasers? Cool. Happy New Year to you and family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mei Teng,
    He has a collection of many stuff - cards, Ultraman & Kamen Rider toys, magazines - whatever his parents are willing to fork out money for. LOL

    Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrumptious. . . Happy New Year! Just don't make any pencil mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad he liked them! Now that I see his entire collection, I'm afraid there might have been some doubles in what I gave him.
    If I see any new ones I'll get them for him. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jonathan,
    We'llbe sure not to accidentally use it! Or accidentally pop them in our mouths too! :D

    Happy New Year! Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @A & Y,
    He loves them all, including the doubles. Now he can serve both Mommy and Daddy together. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are popular among the kids, but as a teacher, it's frustrating when they just sit and play with them. That probably says more about me than them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @sixmats,
    As a parent, I wonder what's the fascination with those eraser these kids collect and play. I don't mean just this totally cute plastic sushi but also plain erasers. My son has tons of them and he inisted on bringing all to school and play to get more erasers off his friends. A budding gambler in the making?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aint Raimie a lucky boy! Happy New Year to you and your family too!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Cindy,
    He sure is! ^-^

    Thanks for the wish! How was your celebration?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely collection! Looks delicious too. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even when I was around your lovely son's age, we had similar ones. But they were not as real as his collection. I remember that I had curry dish and ra-men bowl. It was an awful artificial smell, far from the reality, Yuck!!! But I don't remember why I was obsessed with that... Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @HappySurfer,
    They sure do, don't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Y,
    You played with them too? I can imagine the plasticy smell.

    For me, all I know about me playing with erasers was what my mom always gleefuly tell everyone - I sued to jammed chewed up erasers into my nose! Beats me why! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, they are so colourful and look almost like the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @LR,
    They sure did. And these are so much convenient and cheaper to bring home as souvenirs too, compared to more expensive realistic looking plastic food selection.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wah!! They look very delicious!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @foong,
    they do, but don't be tempted to put them in your mouth! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. those are great collectibles, I also want to collect yummy looking erasers! You better help me get those in Japan for the Ghibli trip! I'm really wishing for that time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Ayie,
    They made great, bargain souvenirs and they sure are nice to look at. :)

    No problem. We'll get you some this year and post them to you first! No need to wait for that Ghibli trip!

    ReplyDelete
  21. weee you are so so spoiling me! Oh that means you're all set for another trip this year! gotcha!

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Ayie,
    Hahaha... well, even if we can go this year, it won't be too soon. Gotta save a lot of $$$ first! XD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...