Tuesday, 7 February 2012

On The Run - Takamatsu (Day I)

Read my previous "On The Run" post too after finishing this. I had Yokohama and Yufuin posted up earlier.

We arrived Takamatsu quite late the night before and I hadn't had the chance to recce the route for my run. But lucky for me, the port is only 1km from our hotel and it looked like a good bet for a good running place for me.
Started out at 6.30am and it was still dark outside. I'm so used of vacationing in Japan on other seasons that had the sun rising at 5.00am, it was rather a bummer for me to see the still dark sky at this time. It's like going out for my early morning run in Malaysia. Except it's colder. Waaaaaaaayy colder.
Walked the 1km as my warm-up and after seeing a few runners passed me by, I started my run from the Kotoden Takamatsu Chikko Station, past this art installation,
past by the rather quiet jetty with only a few ferries about, with passengers boarding them
up to the pier where the red lighthouse is, passing by men intently watching their fishing poles or putting baits on that cold Monday morning and plenty of people having their morning exercise and then double back and ran towards the apartment complex by the port area and then, head back to the lighthouse for a few more loops.

I was huffing and puffing doing my run yet many doing their rounds look so relaxed and they were way faster than me! Oh gosh! I probably looked like a lumbering bear there. (T_____T)
I probably won't see such scenery if I'm not into running and willing enough to wake up early. Watching the sun rises over the horizon while doing something I enjoy - priceless! And being able to share my experience makes me happy.

And that's why folks, I always run with my compact camera in hand. Yes, while running in road races too. ^^. Saying that, I probably should get myself a waterproof camera soon. I don't know how long my compact can withstand being drenched in my sweat. xD

23 comments:

  1. Love the beautiful early morning scenery especially the last 3 photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, really nice to run with such nice scenery.

      Delete
    2. Hey I noticed the replies are not directly under! no need to scroll like last time! Is this the new Blogger comment system or you got some help from SK? : D

      Delete
    3. Ok what I meant was I noticed the replies are NOW directly under! I like! And wow! No need to enter funny words to check spam anymore! Nice : D

      Delete
    4. Yeah, comments now are cooler, right? No need to scroll up and down to refer back the comments. :)

      Yeah, made do without the word verification for the time being. Stay nice while spamming! ;p

      Delete
  2. I think it's quite nice to run in the early morning before the sun rises. But I will be just too damn sleepy to do that! But really, I must try to do that once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should. But that said, it's really hard to get out of the warm bed and out of the house. ^^

      Funnily enough, I am wary of running so early at parks but I'll run on roads. xD

      Delete
  3. But I really can't imagine myself doing that during my travels. Unless my travel partners all also do the same haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it's quite an experience. Even alone.

      But when else would I get a chance to run by the sea unless it's during my vacation? ^^

      Delete
  4. The last photo is so beautiful. The orange is nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish I had a better camera with me. ^^

      Delete
  5. Ganbatta ne!!! errr...Raimi & Zaini tak joint ke?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tak sanggup diaorang. Lagipun menyibok jer. I lari selalu minimum 1 jam. xD Ada yang bosan kang, kalau join.

      Kat sini pun, kalau pergi park, diaorang lari 2-3 loop then tunggu I kat McD. ^^

      Delete
  6. I've always wanted to get up earlier in the morning and watch sunset. But my laziness always holds me back. > u <

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not easy for me to wake up and go out so early too. I always question my sanity in doing so, but I usually would end up spending at least an hour outdoors. xD

      Sunrise is so beautiful. But sometimes, I miss looking at it because I was concentrating in my run.

      Delete
  7. The only people mad enough to get up so early are runners and fishermen! ^^ Though I'm very glad you did, otherwise I wouldn't have seen that beautiful sunrise. So did the fishermen catch something? PS: There are some very tall buildings in the background. Takamatsu is bigger than I realized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about weekend fishing enthusiasts? Do they wake up at ungodly hours too? ^^

      Didn't check whether any of them caught anything but by the looks of it, they seem not to sussed about it.

      Delete
    2. "Do they wake up at ungodly hours too?" Yes. The rule is: the colder, the earlier. (+_+)

      Delete
  8. Hi friend, missed u 4 a long long time! Wow, u sure hv stamina, it probabaly would kill me for working out more thn an hr a day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ya! Long time no hear! How are you? Still busy?

      Hahaha.. you have plenty of stamina, running around with the two little sprouts. How are they doing now? :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Lina, hugs(Missed u a lot)!

    No lar, I'm old liao. My boy starting school soon, thn I might hv time to blog(fingers crossed). Ialah, my anak got chicken pox, but not serious, probably bcos he still young kut. Only a few pox, only slight temp b4 the pox sprouted. But better keep away frm ppl lar, later anak ppl pulak kena, dosa...;p

    Hey, take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been missing you lots too! But know you are busy... and waited patiently for you to come back. ^^

      Kesian Ah Xuan! But better get it now than later. Harder to recover esp if kena adult time, right?

      Give my hugs to Juan Juan (and Ah Xuan too when he gets better... or maybe hugs for him to get better?)

      You take care too. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...