Wednesday, 15 February 2012

On The Run - Takamatsu (Day II)

After an interesting discourse over those blokes in Asakusa in my previous post, we are back to my running series post. What an anti-climax, eh? LOL

Do read my previous "On The Run" post too after finishing this. I had Yokohama, Yufuin and Takamatsu (Day I) posted up earlier.

I started my run on Day 2 in Takamatsu half an hour earlier than the day before because I wanted to do at least 10K that day. With such gung-ho spirit, I went out and decided it was too cold to run by the pier again so I decided to just hit the pavement beside Tamamo-koen and to avoid the strong wind I might feel if I run towards the lighthouse.
The pavement beside the park. Not too many runners on this pavement as opposed to the pier nearby. The day before, when I ran on the pier towards the beautiful glass lighthouse, there were plenty of runners about.For obvious reason - the view there was lovelier. And I saw the sun rise right before my eyes too. :)
A ferry jetty across the street from where I was running.

Made a few loops before the blister on my left heel started to bother me so I decided to cut short my run and ran back to our hotel. But ended up running towards the covered shopping street for a couple of kms before deciding to call it quits and walked back to the hotel. One thing good about running at the covered shopping street - it's warmer since there are no strong winds to make you cold but due my blister, I think I only managed a 6 or 7K run that morning. huhuhu

As I came back to our hotel room earlier than expected, it took Zaini awhile to open the door. I think I had to wait a full 5 minutes before he finally opened the door! I had thought he was in the bathroom but turned out he was so soundly asleep, he didn't hear me knocking the door.

Before you ask why I didn't bring an extra room key/ring the doorbell - we stayed at Toyoko Inn. Only 1 key is given and it's needed to switch on the light. And no doorbell at the rooms either. It's a budget hotel after all.
Later that morning, rather shamefacedly I have to confess that I did this when travelling in the train from Takamatsu to Okayama. I have no choice!
Remember this? This cute little blister that bugged me from Day 4 in Japan. (・∀・)

My feet was hurting and I need to put it up. Raimie didn't complain so I'm confident that my foot of mine didn't stink that day.

Anyway, the feet need to be put up for a while because if you remember, from  Takamatsu we went to Okayama, then made our way to Nara, made a short stop in Kyoto and then to Osaka before taking a midnight train up north. We were out and about from 10.00am till midnight!

28 comments:

  1. On the move for all those hours with a nasty blister is no fun. I admire your dedication. I wonder if you put a business card or credit card in place of the card key if it will turn on the light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We tried. No,only the key will turn on the lights. ;p

      Delete
  2. You have jogged in some pretty amazing places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky enough to visit those amazing place. Being able to run there was a bonus. ^^

      Delete
  3. Wow, you amaze me.
    Getting up so early just to run (basically two things I hate doing ;-) )!
    On the other hand, you get to post pictures of Takamatsu I will never post (don't ever expect early morning pictures on my blog). :-)

    Finally one tidbit of information: the red ferry you took a picture of is the ferry to Ogijima. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the ferry to Ogijima? Cool!

      If you remember, I mentioned that we went to check out the ferry time and fares at the ferry ticket office. Got kinda confused about which ferry to take and where to take them.

      So now I know where to go to get to Ogijima. Thanks! :)

      Delete
    2. You're very welcome. Yeah, the ferry booth are a bit confusing, but if you look very closely there is some English here and there (thank the art festival for that). But now, you know. The ferry to Ogijima (and Megijima) is the red one, and you buy tickets at the outside booth kinda on your right from where you took the pic. (hint, hint, for next time)

      Delete
    3. OK! Thanks for the hint. We actually went to the booth near the red lighthouse hence the reason of being totally confused as the Islands it covers weren't the one we wanted to go to. xD

      Delete
  4. Any fishermen fishing in the castle's moat? ^^

    So what does a runner do with a blister like that? Do you break (puncture?) it yourself, or just leave it in peace?

    PS: I wonder if the rikisha guys get blisters. Maybe they need some TLC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No fishermen at the moat. It was dry when we were in Takamatsu.

      I do both. Sometimes I'd puncture it and sometimes I leave them be. Depending on the level of pain I'm willing to take. LOL

      Rikisha guys' blisters? You should totally ask them and offer some TLC! ;)
      No? ^^

      Delete
    2. I agree. I think the rikisha guys need "medical" attention!

      GUESS WHAT?! I've identified another statue, and ... he's a thief too! That was the trailer. The full movie will follow soon. I need to do a bit more research. I'm beginning to think all those statues might be of famous shady characters. Yet another reason to love the shitamachi. Do we honour the high and mighty? No. We prefer clever criminals who got the better of their overlords! :D

      I could be wrong, though, so chotto matte, let me check.

      Delete
    3. Well, knowing the lords of feudal time; I somehow understand why folks in the shitamachi would root for the clever thieves. It's like, enough oppression already! We will (quietly) back those who fight against them. Right?

      I hate trailer! Befitting to my demanding self, I wanna the whole shebang now!

      Delete
    4. Right. Shitamachi residents were famous for thumbing their noses at the hoity-toity Yamanote upper class. I regard it as my civil duty to continue this proud tradition. :D

      Your movie will launch over the weekend. Muekeke! ;)

      Delete
    5. As a wannabe shitamachi resident, I support, respect and applaud that conviction of yours to upheld the time-honored tradition. ^^

      There better be a release this weekend or a pitch-fork riot will be organized. Muahaha!!!!!!

      Delete
  5. Wow, u are sure tough! If hv blisters, I probably stay in the hotel to hibernate, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hibernation gives me a headache. ;)

      Anyway, it would be such a waste to travel to Japan and just stay in the hotel. ;p

      Delete
  6. The first picture amazes me! Beautiful dawn! ^0^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That was taken at Tamamo-koen. ^^

      Delete
  7. You were lucky to be able to run in the beautiful area. But a little bit unlucky your feet were hurting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was indeed very lucky.

      Pain/injury is rather synonymous with runners. I don't consider it as unlucky. The swollen gum I had - that was a tad unlucky. ;)

      Delete
  8. LOL! Sure your feet not smelly? : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure one!

      Son & hubby would've complained loudly if it did smell. xD

      Delete
  9. Ooh! Those blisters look painful! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is this a recent trip Lina? I am so so outdated... =(

    ReplyDelete
  11. 高松市、懐かしいな。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So... bila nak gi balik? hehehe

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...