Wednesday, 1 February 2012

On The Run - Yokohama

After my Autumn Reminiscence series, I thought I'd start on another. And it's something that I love doing and that's running, folks. Combine running and venturing out in a strange city = seeing things I probably won't be seeing otherwise.

On this "On The Run" Series, I'm just sharing photos I took while out running in a few places in Japan. ^^

We stayed in a hotel just a few steps away from Shin-Yokohama Station and also quite near to Nissan Stadium.

We were going to take a train at 9.00am to Yufuin that morning so I needed to do my run early, to make time for rest, shower and breakfast. I woke up at 5.30am and got ready by 6.00am. Hubby had kindly accompanied me walking to the nearby park located in front of Nissan Stadium but he didn't linger for long. For good reason because it was drizzling when we made our way there. Since I am already up and alert, I decided to do a short run rather than going back to our hotel. Zaini on the other hand, after deciding that it was probably safe to leave me there alone, went back to the warmth of our hotel room.
If I'm not mistaken,  I was running alongside the riverbank park of the Toriyama River. I wish the sun had risen much earlier but it was still dark after I finished my run at 7.00am.
Nissan Stadium in an almost darkness state. While doing my run there, saw a few runners doing their morning run too. See, I wasn't the only one who would do this on a cold, rainy morning. ^^
And this, the West Gate Bridge from Nissan Stadium for those heading to Shin-Yokohama Station. I made a few stop while doing a couple of laps there, to try take a good photo of the area with my compact camera. As you can see, didn't do much of a job at it. Ah well. C'est la vie.

and the last lap, on the gravelly path by the river back to our hotel. Next time, if we come back to this part of the world, I am going to take day photos of the area (and of course, do a bit of running again).

Still, if not for my running shoes, I would not have seen and experience this view of Japan during my trip. And I'm so happy I did! :)

32 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's those quiet and disregarded times that stick in our minds. Or so I find, anyway. Nice atmosphere from this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those times when I can get a place to myself, and we are talking about being in Japan. ;)

      Delete
  2. It looks mysterious and intriguing, and the slightly blurry photos only add to the effect! :) Ultra-clear DSLR photos wouldn't have worked as well, methinks. :) Anyway who wants to go running with a tripod?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that I have a DSLR anyway. xD

      Running with a tripod would serve a purpose if I run around my neighborhood, I think. Can just whack all those unleashed "crazy" + "friendly" dogs that like to smell my heels when I pass by their owners' homes. o.O Not to mention, great for working out the arms. Maybe I should try running with my Nex-5 mounted on a tripod someday. ;p

      p.s there are "crazy" runners running not only with a point&shoot camera (one of them would be moi) but also with a DSLR in hand. Love them because it's a chance to get my photos taken! LOL

      Delete
    2. Whacking dogs? LOL. Could you do me a favour and clobber a few cyclists, too? ^^

      The Nex-5 is a great camera. I wish I had enough money to buy that as my second "pocket" camera; instead a poor pedagogue has to make do with a tiny Canon IXY. Though that mostly stays at home these days. I've realized my phone actually takes better photos than the IXY. :)

      Delete
    3. If I can get away with it, I would! ;p

      Yeah, sure you can't afford the Nex-5/ You are a pedagogue that goes for posh tea! Haha You know I can't resist teasing you about that. ;)

      Delete
    4. Once a year! Hmph. Which blows my entire budget for the rest of the year so badly that I can't even buy Matsuzaka beef and Godiva chocolate for my whippet!

      Delete
    5. Your phantom whippet sure is a pampered one! LOL

      Delete
  3. I think you get a totally different perspective at night/early morning. It is a nice feeling, at least for me, to get more things accomplished by getting up early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it sure is different being out so early in the morning. My favourite would be walking around Sensoji Temple complex before the tourists come visiting. It's really nice. ^^

      And yeah, despite feeling its sooooo hard to drag myself out of bed early each morning, I love the fact that I have more things accomplished compared to if I choose to sleep-in. :)

      Delete
  4. You are a very brave women Lina, and it takes a lot of motivation and dedication to get up while on vacation and do what you did. Well done and I respect you for it :)

    Japan Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a routine. My body clock made me wake early. ;)

      Delete
  5. You did your running while on holiday too? Salute, Madam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, I wanted to do at least 8 runs in Japan, but only managed 5. ;p

      And anyway, it's not like I was running a marathon distance or anything - just short runs between half hour to one hour runs. ^^

      Delete
  6. nice pics and trips.. I wish I will be there soon like you do.. lol Salam Indonesia,,

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were busy running and taking photos. Conguratulations for your nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was busy running, taking photos, soaking the atmosphere AND enjoying the trip. :)

      Delete
  8. How could you manage to get up that early in the morning for jogging during a vacation in other country! > u < You're my heroine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you read my subsequent posts, you realise that I don't wake up that early ever day. ;)

      Delete
  9. That's great since you can run such cold and dark place.
    You must see interesting views which anyone can't see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did find interesting stuff while both running and while doing a recce for the route beforehand. :)

      Delete
  10. Aiya, you so brave one.
    In Malaysia, cannot do like this.
    When the economy is bad, bad things can happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, that what I'll hear from "concerned" friends and colleagues when they hear about my and my runs. Heck, they are worried to know that I walk from my FIL's palce to office too! @.@

      Malaysia isn't that unsafe that we cannot walk, run,cycle around. Like most places, we just need to be super aware of our surrounding. There are crimes here and there are crimes at other places too.

      I don't run listening to music if I run on the road. I only listen to it if I run at parks or places with pavements away from the road.

      But that said, I sure wish Malaysian people learn to keep their fierce pet Doberman leashed and bound to their home compound. I don't mind dogs as a rule but I am wary of them.

      Delete
  11. Oh! Starting a new series called On The Run? : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. But it's just a short series. And I promise I won't exceed 5 posts. ;p

      Delete
  12. Only a running freak like you will run during your vacation! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aiya! Don't call me a freak lah! LOL

      But I bet there are plenty others that does the same thing. ;)

      Delete
  13. Wow! Running in the cold morning rain? I rather sleep OK! But I can understand it when you are so passionate about running! Passion is everything! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either its passion or craziness. Or just for the simple fact that I need to do something or I'll start bothering other people around me when I get too restless. xD

      Delete
  14. I'm pretty sure you are the only tourist running there with a camera! Am I right? : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... you think? There are plenty of blogs out there about running routes, complete with photos. So, I'm definitely not the only one! ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...