Thursday, 1 March 2012

The Landmark

Okay... I look totally ugly in this photo but this is the only (almost) full photo of Yokohama Landmark Tower I have.

It's Japan tallest building, standing at 296metres and is the third tallest structure in Japan after Tokyo Sky Tree and Tokyo Tower. There is an observatory on the 69th floor aptly named the Sky Garden and the observatory is the highest observatory in Japan. 100 yen admission to the observatory, which is really a minimal fee, to experience being so high up in the sky - at 273metres to be exact! For free access to an observatory, you can opt for the Tokyo Metropolitan Building in Shinjuku (its observatory is located on the 45th floor on both towers).

Anyways, if you do go up - have fun riding the second fastest elevator there and whoosh up from ground floor to the 69th floor in 40 seconds!

We didn't go up to 69th floor, which was a pity but hey! That's an excuse for another trip there, don't you think? Well, actually I don't really any excuse for a return visit to Japan. After all, I've been making all sorts of excuses to return for the last 8 trips. LOL

Totally unrelated to Yokohama or the Landmark Tower  -gah! It's March! What did I do/achieve in the past two months? @.@

19 comments:

  1. I work in that building. Wow. My view is directly over that ship. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow indeed! Must be nice to look out the window from your office. :)

      Delete
  2. When I see a tall building like that I always think how I would hate to be in the elevator, and hate to be that high up for very long. I have a fine head for heights, and I like to see a view, but I hate to feel I depend on a machine and hate to think I can't just walk out of the door...hhhhmmmmm.....makes me uneasy......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I totally understand your feeling. Working in such tall buildings - if any untowards event happening; we can't just walk down the stairs and be out of danger's place in just minutes. @.@

      Delete
  3. You KNEW I was going to make this comment, didn't you, but ... Landmark Tower, pffft, doesn't come close to our beloved Sky Tree. Sky Tree's top observation pod is at 450 meter.

    PS: Oh, all right, I know Landmark Tower is a building and Sky Tree is a tower. Totally different. I've been up Landmark Tower and it's a great building.

    PPS: Sky Tree was officially finished and handed over to its owner, Tobu Railway, yesterday.

    PPPS: The past two months have brought you two months closer to your next visit, that's what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah yeah yeah... and good thing you noted the difference between Landmark tower; a BUILDING and Tokyo Sky Tree which is a TOWER. xD

      OK... now that you mentioned it. When am I posting up all my Sky Tree photos?I should do it soon! @.@

      Delete
    2. How soon? How about today? :D

      Delete
    3. Eeeeee..... such impatience. Well, I never! LOL

      Delete
  4. One of the must see sights in Yokohama and boy that elevator is fast. The Sky Garden observatory on the 69th floor is also really cool :)

    Japan Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it's an experience going up there.:)

      Delete
  5. You look very beautiful in this photo as usual.
    We went to 70th floor restraunt to celebrate f my daughter's birthday.
    The Ferris wheel's neon signs were very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a grand way to celebrate your daughter's birthday. Was it recent?

      The night view from way up there must be gorgeous. :)

      Delete
  6. Now that you mentioned, Centre Point is the tallest building in central London.
    Each year, they have this climbing marathon.
    I'm sure you'll like this kinda event lah.

    Petronas Twin Towers also got something similar, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's KL Tower. Stairs are too hard for me. I concede defeat at 15th Floor. LOL

      Delete
  7. 2 months certainly passed very fast. so fast that i am breathless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. It'd be interesting to view the city from such height. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...