Saturday, 26 May 2012

Tasukete Kudasai!

Sometimes, when you translate something directly, you'd end up using the wrong word although it has the same meaning in your language.

Case in point:
We were standing cluelessly in front of this Loppi machine at Lawson's trying to purchase our One Piece ticket at Huis Ten Bosch.

So, I tried to ask assistance from one of the staff there, intending to say "Tolong saya" or "please help/assist me" but there I go with "tasukete kudasai" instead of "oshiete kudasai". heh
Assistance received and tickets paid for, but not before wasting more of the staff time stalling as I cannot remember how to write my name in katakana. At last, she told me to write it in romanji. double heh
And we are all set to visit Huis Ten Bosch and see One Piece! A birthday present for Raimie.

Anyway, if you want to learn how to use that Loppi machine to purchase whatever tickets that can be bought there, here's a site with a detailed explanation. Or you can just smile and look helpless and say "oshiete kudasai" to whomever that might pass by you and hope that they will. I bet they will. ^^

16 comments:

  1. Sometimes Nihon-go is very aimai. Now I'm learning i and na adjective, so confusing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Japanese is non-existent. Don't talk about grammar to me. I barely understand grammatical English and Malay! LOL

      Delete
  2. As you say, the staff in the shop will help you. As a rule, they are kind and friendly. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they will. Despite any bad Japanese or none of it spoken by customers. ^^

      Delete
  3. That's one of the great things about Japan the staff are usually very friendly and helpful, and will go out of their way to give you assistance. The level of service is just amazing compared to most places in the world including Australia.

    Japan Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I dunno about you, but usually I actually do need to be rescued rather than merely helped! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, truthfully most times I need rescuing too. That's why I guess I asked to be helped rather than assisted. kakaka

      Delete
  5. I don't see a site on how to use the Loppi machine. I guess I'll look hopeless and scream TASUKETTE!

    I would have probably said "Huis Ten Bosh chiketo wo kaitaindeskedo". That or just go to Huis Ten Bosch and buy tickets at the gate, which is what I actually did. :D

    On a side topic, I did scream "tasukete" once when a buddy of mine drank too much and tried to pick a fight with me. This was in a restaurant and NO ONE came to help me. Let's just say that this runner was boxed in by a guy who can do K-1 fighting... ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for noticing. ^^ I'v put up the link now.

      That would be the best way to say it, but it's sooooo long. hehehe

      Anyway, we got all the details printed out to buy the ticket, so we just show the girl our printout, gestured at the machine and asked her to teach us how to use it. If anything, it's for the experience. ;p

      Ooo... so how did it end up? No emergency ward visit made, I hope? o.O
      Even the staff stayed out?

      Delete
    2. Things were fine. No actual fighting but I thought he would have. No one came to my help. Not my friends, nor the staff. I was really in trouble but thankfully he just left after he got bored.

      Delete
    3. That's a relief.

      No fun to be caught in a brawl, esp in a foreign country. o.O

      Delete
  6. Yep, can definitely see me taking the second option! *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much more fun to use that option. xD

      Delete
  7. It all sounds so complex and frustrating. I have no idea what is a Loppi machine. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a machine where you can buy all sorts of tickets from, instead of having to queue on the day. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...