Friday, 8 June 2012

The Bribe - More Game!

or should we rephrase it? It's reward time. For a boy who didn't complain (much) when his parents  dragged him when they were in Japan or how long the "dragging" took.

Rewards came in form of :
  1. Sugar (in form of Kamen Rider/Ultraman can drinks)
  2. Game (in form of Nintendo 3DS)
  3. and also this :
the deal is : one game per city/day. Gaming time would be accorded just before we made our way to our hotel room before we go out again for dinner. Or maybe after dinner, with Mommy if Daddy wants to venture out alone. It's a great bribe errr reward for Mommy to give to him because then he'd be more willing tagging along withMommy when Mommy was shoe shopping! ;p

Call it irresponsible parenting but only in Japan would I leave him at the game centre (and providing him with more coins than what was agreed with Daddy) while I went shoe browsing at the floor below. (p.s. I'm cheap enough to just limit my shopping at ROX) ^^

18 comments:

  1. Leaving your child alone at a gaming centre in Japan isn't irresponsible, it's common sense. :)

    Sometimes I see a small child (6 or thereabouts) travelling alone on a train. There's enough African paranoia left in me to make me double-take each time that happens, but then I tell myself, "This is Japan; she'll be OK."

    PS: I'll be happy with just Reward 1. I'm easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that a lot too! Little children on trains, alone. Plus kids walking to school in Asakusa.

      Here, we'd go tsk tsk over such thing but yeah, that's Japan.They'll be OK.

      Sugar in chocolates, I presume is the best reward for you? ^^

      Delete
    2. Well ... I've never said no to a nice book! ;) Though you'd probably be able to bribe me with just a coffee if you catch me at a weak moment.

      Delete
    3. I shall hencefort proceed to dig up all her wild jungle highness' weakness and will be alert to find weak spots when we finally get to see her in 2014.

      Delete
  2. It's okay if he's enjoying a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does. That's why we had to impose a limit. Otherwise, he'll just spend the whole day there! @.@

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Wait till you have kids! LOL

      Delete
  4. Only in Japan? Malaysia cannot leave him alone? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I'd like him be independent, I watch over him like a hawk here. Sad and worrying, but there you go.

      Delete
  5. I use the same bribes for my son when in Japan. Holidays should be fun so I am ok with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Holiday should be fun and rules get bend a bit. ^^

      Of course, fun within moderation (as I always tell my hubby too) ;)

      Delete
  6. The Game Centers in Japan are amazing and a lot of fun for kids of all ages :)

    Japan Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it. I've seen old ladies, salarymen, high school students and of course little kids there!

      Delete
  7. One of the things that sounds so nice about Japan is that it is safe. Your post shows me that this is really true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!

      You'd see school kids walking to school and that's not even done in my country these days. And the community participation towards a safe neighbourhood helps to create such environment too, IMHO.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...