Wednesday, 18 July 2012

At The Station : Matsuyama

Just random stuff for my post of Matsuyama Station this time.
Had  a light lunch there, before setting out for a walk to Dogo Onsen. Raimie had an Anpanman bun, of course.
No ticket machine to feed your tickets here, because you pass your ticket or get it stamped by the staff. One of the few stations in Japan that do this. One was over at Yufuin Station. Another was Bessho Onsen. Bessho Onsen station master (or rather mistress) is particularly interesting. Want to know more? Head over to my Bessho Onsen post to read about it.
He's done for the day and will be heading off home soon, I hope. ^^ 

The train he was driving, that's the Shiokaze Limited Express which we boarded from Matsuyama Station to get to Takamatsu. We got onboard at 5.37pm and arrived Takamatsu at 7.57pm. Not too late by any standard, but the restaurants at the station were close or closing and we weren't to keen about venturing out to look for food, feeling all famished at that time so we decided to get this at the nearby konbini and head straight to our hotel. Can't beat a konbini when one is famished and have no idea where the good restaurants are.
Guess whose omuraisu was that for?

Get ready for season inappropriate Ritsurin Koen photos soon!

Oh by the way... wanna see something totally unrelated about Japan? Don't puke when you see this! Bwahaha...
.
.
.
.
.

 The nonsense I get myself into these days....

15 comments:

  1. I love trains, so any trains post makes me happy, but ... not as happy as your promise of unseasonal (autumn? yes?) photos!

    It's not the first time I see those bunny ears, but I started giggling again. They're not even floppy, despite the fact that they bounced around for several kilometers! How did you manage that?! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just like my bras, those ears had underwire support! LOL

      Delete
  2. You surprised us Lina with the photo at the end :) Totally agree about Japanese konbini. They are relatively cheap and provide a large range of fresh, decent quality food. Over here in Oz they charge an arm and a leg, so there is no comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Matsuyama Station but it is very small. Nothing to do around there, at least as far as I remember. I prefer the area around the castle, but it's probably more expensive. :(

    Small train fact, I learned that the drivers and conductors that work till the last train often sleep inside temporary rooms. Most of the depots, aside from the computer control offices and such, also have beds for the drivers and conductors to sleep in. That way they finish their shift, sleep a few hours, then go back at it in the early morning for the first train. Tough job I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely tough and no fun!

      I do hope they all get a good and proper rests. Safety of their passengers rest on them! @.@

      Delete
    2. They get enough rest. Driving a train is getting easier and easier with ETC or something like that. Many trains are designed to automatically stop if they exceed the speed limit or get too close to the train in front of them. Unfortunately the system is too expensive to implement in the countryside.

      On a side note, I watched a Japanese movie called "Railways". It is about a man whose sick mother in the countryside needs someone to help her. He decides to quit his job, not a big deal as he got a generous severance package due to restructuring, and moved to the countryside. He decides to fulfill his dream to be a train driver at the age of 49. It's about following your dreams in a Japanese way. Really interesting human drama.
      http://www.railways-movie.jp/

      Delete
  4. There aren't already any such stations without ticket machines,
    So the scene standing staffs is nostalgic now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only managed to see a few such stations too. So I guess I'm lucky to get the experience. ^^

      Delete
  5. Strange to have tickets punched by staff. I don't think I have seen that for a long time here. Is there a special reason for it, I wonder....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder too.

      But it does make the station more special, don't you think? :)

      Delete
  6. I wouldn't mind eating a Anpanman bun myself. It's not just for kids you know. ;)
    Nice ears! You are sure to get noticed on your run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! :)

      The ears? That's the idea. To get noticed, even a few kms away! haha

      Delete
  7. Your rabbit ears are cute on your head! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hihihi
      Thanks! ^^
      I have plan for all sorts of animals to pop out during my runs. ;p

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...