Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Cover Story - Osaka

Manhole covers found on the streets of Dotonbori. Plain and the painted version of the Osaka-jo, one of Japan's most famous castle.
and this, I suppose is a collection of what makes Osaka. Yes? No?

p.s. No. I'm not finished with Nara yet. I'm just too bogged with stuff to do proper research (as proper as I can be, with the fluff I put in here). I'll try next week. I'll be occupied this weekend. Going outstation this week to run in Taiping International Marathon (just doing half though)... a town located in Perak, about 300km from Kuala Lumpur. ^^

And oh yeah... latest running photo to add to my collection of ugly mug -
Spent 2 hours mooching around on an expressway which was fully closed for traffic last Sunday morning, doing Adidas King of the Road. ;p

I probably should put a nice, professionally taken photo of me running that day, but I kinda like this one best. hur hur

14 comments:

  1. That's my favourite photo, too! I'm still waiting for the wallpaper version. :p

    I've just decided I like the pained manholes more than the unpaint ... wait, maybe not ... oh, never mind, they're all nice! :)

    PS: Aren't there any manholes in Osaka with sketches of okonomiyaki? :D Then it would be a proper collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can send the full sized version but are you really sure you want to see it in its full version ugliness? :-D

      Okonomiyaki is not Hiroshima's pride meh? Shouldn't it be takoyaki instead? No? Yes?

      Delete
  2. Wah, you took lots of manholes photo eh. All are very nice. Here, nobody cares to have a look too.

    Good Luck to you Lina this coming marathon. Ganbatte oh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't care much about our plain manhole cover. If there's a manhole, and the cover is still there.. and not sold off as scrap metal I'm happy already. O.O

      Delete
    2. Ya, totally agreed with that. Recently my father's leg goes inside a longkang...It suppose to be a metal, but being stolen... My papa already met with an minor accident last forthnight...now another leg kena pula. Luckily he is alright. Aiseh man, will bring him go pray pray this weekend.

      Delete
  3. Good luck on your upcoming marathon! Neat covers. The way that it's designed give it a good depth of field look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love the covers they have there in Japan, that's for sure ^_^

      Thanks!

      Delete
  4. The manhole covers are so cool and really like the painted version. In Osaka, It has to be Osaka-jo and sakura :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are!

      How about your area, JA? What's the cover there?

      Delete
    2. To be honest with you I have never really paid attention to them. It is only something now that I'm seeing more of and would love to check out in the places that I visit. I will post some from Gifu when we visit next year :)

      Delete
  5. Run Lina Run..maybe may get back on my running shoes again to join ya haha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. run bananaz run! :)
      maybe we'll see each other/bump into each other while running someday? ^.^

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...