Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Trains... On The Inside

Just some random shots of the interior of several trains we took all around Japan, last year. Train travel is quite fun for us, both the shorts ones and the ones that goes for hours.

Getting our hands on either the JR pass or whatever regional passes available really save a lot of $$$ on transportation for us. Plus, with it - it makes spontanenous traveling (with last minute changes and maybe an impromptu stop or two) easier. We don't need to think about spending more money for that! ^^
 Normal not-so-peak hour train scene in Tokyo
 On a shinkansen, from Shin-Osaka to Hakata
 Another shinkansen trip. The boy already settling in for the journey and busy with his DS.
 Yufuin no mori, traveling from Hakata to Yufuin
On the Huis Ten Bosch Limited Express train from Hakata to Huis Ten Bosch station; to visit the Huis Ten Bosch theme park, of course! ^^
On the last shinkansen for the night - from Kokura Station to Hakata.
On a local train in Takamatsu, on the way to Shikoku Mura
On our way from Takamatsu to Okayama. Leaving the island of Shikoku, and continuing our trip with Nara, Kyoto, Osaka and Hakodate (in 24 hours)!
On a midnight train, travelling from Osaka to Tokyo. Sleep tight! zzzzz
then, it's early morning commute from Tokyo to Aomori
then from Aomori, we hopped on this train for Hakodate! No signs of snow in Tokyo or Osaka yet the day before but plenty of them in Aomori and of course in Hakodate the day we were there! COLD! And we were not prepared for snowy days! (Impromptu decision to travel up north)
and lastly, cold & shivering us in Kamakura, taking this train ride.

I have loads of train photos but at the moment, I am stumped on how I'm posting them up without boring you to tears with geeky train info.

p.s. photos of the boy are put liberally in this post for a certain obachan. ^^

25 comments:

  1. Oh but please we want to be bored! Photos, geeky info, more photos, just keep going! I'm utterly besotted with Japan's trains and I'm 100% sure I'm not the only one!

    When train pix are combined with portraits of a certain young man and his mischievous grin, you could publish an encyclopaedia and I'd still be whining for more.

    That sleeper train looks lekker. How about more sleeper train stories?

    PS: Who's the Fanta Grape fan? Raimie? Me too! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Obachan & Raimie-kun have similar taste it seems! ^^

      Delete
  2. Japanese trains are comfortable and you can sleep well, can't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. In any type of train, we can sleep well. Gotta be careful though, not to sleep through our station! ;p

      Delete
  3. I think most new trains in every country has improved and comfy seats. Even the new High Speed Rail has very luxury seats and big leg rooms!!

    Good idea, I can post my balance photos from Japan next year too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree. Rail travel anywhere is much more comfier and faster than before. :)

      Yes, please. BTW, when is the trip of yours, next year? Which season?

      Delete
  4. No better way to travel in Japan than by train and they pretty much go everywhere. Domestic air-travel is becoming cheaper, but I still prefer the good old train for comfort and enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the trains too. I get to see the view. Enjoy the ekiben. walk around. etc. :)

      Delete
  5. I think you are now expert at recycling stories! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truthfully, I kinda take offense at that.

      Of course the stories here seems recycled. I'm just talking (or rather, posting) about Japan. But then again, I'm not telling you what I did every single step of the way. I like to think I'm highlighting what's available in Japan.

      If it's trains, then of course you have 1001 stories about trains. If it's the season of autumn, then there's 1001 stories about autumn. The lovely haikus you read that you want to share. Lovely songs that you hope readers will enjoy too.

      Nothing wrong with that. ^^

      Delete
  6. Love the trains! Wonder when will I be traveling in one of those trains? : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can always take the Komuter and make a story out of it! ;)

      Delete
    2. Komuter is terrible! Slow, and never moving smoothly. Got to KL Sentral and had to elbow my way to get OUT of the train as EVERYONE was trying to get on. Pissed off at least 1 person with a good elbow to his fat gut. :P

      Japan has the best train system in the world, although it is a bit hard to understand at first. At least people don't push as bad as when I was in KL.

      Delete
    3. I am always elbowing people and giving snarky comments when I take the Komuter. Going in one is like survival of the fittest. LOL

      Delete
    4. Wish I knew that before I got on. ;)

      The best train I took was the Kelana Jaya Line. The cool thing is that the train on the KJ Line is the same as the trains in Vancouver. The bodies are different but the technology is based on the same stuff.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardier_Advanced_Rapid_Transit

      Delete
  7. The shinkansen is my favourite - so smooth and quiet. The bowing conductor and snacks lady amazed us Australians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They amaze us from other part of Asia too! ^^

      Delete
  8. The JR pass is indeed a must for foreign travelers in Japan...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. They are great value to travel around Japan without further worrying about cost and they save a LOT of money!

      Delete
  9. I also enjoy the geeky train photos. Don't feel you need to stop. Just post what you like and let us enjoy the fun photos. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understood!

      Thank you, kind sir. ^^

      Delete
  10. So clean and neat inside the train

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of the best thing I like most about Japan is the trains!! Always are clean and comfortable! ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...