Monday, 24 December 2012

A Hearty Breakfast At The Station

Nothing beats a big breakfast before a busy and tiring day of sightseeing ahead. Didn't have a breakfast option when we stayed in Yokohama. Not an issue - breakfast option at the station are plentiful and cheap too!
Still not fully woken up yet - as can be witnessed by the "blur" photo. LOL Onigiri - fried shrimp onigiri and TWO of them for Raimie. He loves it! They only cost 200+yen.
My breakfast. I had a swollen gum and can barely chew that day so I chose something that was kinda easy on the gum i.e. can be eaten with no chewing (or almost no chewing) needed. They were nice but I almost cried in pain just for eating. huhuhu
and Zaini had this. I guess we kinda still missing the sanuki udon we had in Takamatsu. Those were superb. Even those sold in chains.

This marks my attempt to start blogging about our visit to Kamakura. A year after our visit there! 

14 comments:

  1. Sanuki udon is my favorite Sometimes, there aren't any chairs in udon shops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sanuki udon is nr 2. Hōtō udon from Yamanashi is nr 1. :D

      Delete
    2. Standing only udon shops - now that's what I call fast food. ;p

      Ru,
      Now you tell me. Hpmh!

      Delete
    3. You can have plenty of hōtō when you run the Fuji marathon! ^^

      Delete
  2. Udon is an excellent way to start anything, included belated posts.

    OK, so where do we go next? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should be Kamakura but don't take my word for it. I'm a jungle woman. I abhor order and rules and anything proper. ;p

      Delete
    2. Cool. I'm rather partial to chaos myself. ;)

      Delete
  3. So many options for breakfast in Japan and the station is a good place to start as they usually have restaurants, cafes, fast food places coffee shops and bakeries just to name a few.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww that look on your Raimie is soooo cute!! Looking at these food at these time makes me hungry if theres a 24/7 Japanese restaurant ill raid it right now ..i know how you feel with the painful gum ..ill never forget my trip in Vietnam the whole time i was there it was a hot summer day i had to endure a painful toothache so painful so sensitive too ..

    Right, Im off on a much needed break and will be back early next year so Im going to take this opportunity to wish you and family a Happy New Year 2013. May the New Year kicks off with a promising start, a peaceful and rewarding one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tu muka budak tak betul2 bangun lagi tu... despite spending quite a bit of time under the shower. hahaha

      Happy holidays to you and family. :)

      Happy New Year too!

      Delete
  5. Udon for breakfast is one of my favorite! Sorry to hear about the sore gum. :( I know how it felt like. Today I just woke up with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your sore gum is all better now.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...