Monday, 17 December 2012

Somewhere in Ueno

It's high time I put up a post (or posts) on the places of interest (maybe only to us, but hey! read on) when we visited Ueno Park. I've put up some posts but I think I should now make an effort and post them in proper order.

Anyhoo, found a pretty neat vending machine while doing a walkabout there, one fine autumn day, last year.
Just 500yen. Yup, you can buy charms or fortunes at temples. Nothing beats convenience, eh?

Found nearby/before the Eighty Four Thousand Images of Jizo site, if you want to know.

Anyway, nothing to do on Ueno but talking about vending machines - stuff we don't see yet in Malaysia; sold in vending machines. I think. Haven't found them around yet, anyway
A t-shirt anyone?

I posted a few posts on vending machines previously; of machine selling milk (as in glass bottle), batteries, ice cream, sake, etc. Go look them up. I'm lazy to link to them properly. ;p

12 comments:

  1. Have you seen the vending machines that sell books? Not in Ueno Park, but in other venues, usually stations.

    The Jizō statues - that's Jōmyō-in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so?

      Books vending machine? Gotta see that? What kind of books?

      Delete
  2. So many great vending machines in Japan and very convenient. Had one just outside my house in Japan that was like an extra fridge and always stocked with beer and soft drink :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that at a few residential areas and both hubby & I agreed it sure must be great to have vending machines right in front of our house.

      Delete
  3. Vending machines should give the customers convenience and 'open' 365 days. Our Pos Office once had the vending machines selling Pos Ekpress envelopes etc but Bananaz did not get the chance to use it. Firstly they are placed in the Pos Office itself and not outside and they are closed on weekends as well. Later part of the year the machines near my place all gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bananaz,
      I used to buy stamps at the machines but then, it is always out of order. o.O

      For such a short time it was put at the post office, I hope Pos Malaysia recoup the expenses they paid to get those machines since they are nowhere to be seen now. :(

      Delete
  4. Vending machines cannot work in Malaysia cos always get vandalized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vandalised and also not properly maintained. :(

      Delete
  5. Wonder what they will sell in vending machines next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything that can be stuffed into a machine!

      Delete
  6. Vending machines are like my savior! I remember one time where everywhere are closed and I could not find any 7 eleven but only vending machines :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed. And they are everywhere!

      Plus no tax as opposed to buying stuff at shops. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...