Saturday, 1 December 2012

This One For You

Cuteandcurls...

Some photos of Japanese trains interior for your travel reference. Worry not. Japan trains are clean, spacious and a joy to travel in.

The only downside traveling in those train, for me at least - is that I tend to get sleepy and fall asleep once I was safely seated! LOL
On the Narita Express. You don't need to sit facing strangers, the seats do turn unlike trains in Malaysia. ^^
On the express train Huis Ten Bosch, to Huis Ten Bosch theme park (two trips; to & fro) located in Nagasaki. That's in Kyushu, folks. ^^
Spacious enough?
In the Komachi, one of the Akita shinkansen. Psst... The head rest cover had Pokemon motifs on them. The Komachi had pokemon characters emblazoned on the train exterior too. 
 
But of course, Hayabusa got special attention from Zaini when we travelled from Tokyo to Aomori. Hayabusa is after all, the new kid on the block when we were there last year. ^^
Seating comfortably (and way to "manja"ly) in a steam locomitive. Yup, they do have that sort of trains in service too.

Basic, daily commute train one would ride. Unless of course you are a certain South African lady who used to commute using the shinkansen! heh heh
A few more
A must and what I personally rate as one of the most (if not the most) important feature especially during long distance travel:


Plus a total lifesaver for hardcore shinkansen traveler who has all sorts of battery-busting gadgets :

When Raimie was smaller (he started visiting Japan when he was 3), traveling with that boy served as an ice breaker and gotten us to interact with a LOT of friendly Japanese. Random obachan will walk beside us and talk to us, give us stuff and tell us about their grandchildren too. ^^

22 comments:

  1. Lots of different trains in Japan and they are all fun to ride. Clean, fast and efficient can't beat them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,lina. Thank you for your complement about Japanese trains. I hope you will enjoy Japan again in a future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly hope we will too. ^^

      Delete
  3. You make me want to take photos inside the trains more often, but I doubt I will. I'll stick with the manhole covers instead. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll settle with viewing more manhole covers. :)

      When is it up? Of which location?

      Delete
    2. I don't have any posts on it anytime soon. :( I'll try a bit harder on my next trip. ;)

      Delete
  4. There's Zaini and the Hayabusa! Wheee! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sexy photo. I approve. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, but it was only a very short commute! Very short but very nice.

    PS: Raimie was SO CUTE when he was little. I mean, he's still cute, but he was little boy cute. Awww.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A shinkansen ride is a shinkansen ride no matter how short it is. ;p

      Cuteness won't last - that's what evil Mommy and Daddy keep telling him. He needs to be kakkkoii! LOL

      Delete
  7. OK baibai got a few red leaves to shoot today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And when are we seeinf the red leaves Miss Ru? Soon, I hope? ;)

      Delete
    2. I've just posted a few photos, but I got sidetracked a bit by Tokugawa history. As I am wont to do. I'll publish more photos later this week. ^^

      Delete
    3. So I've noticed. Heh heh

      Delete
  8. Wow that is truly spacious indeed and so clean! You can hand it to Japan to have the cleanest, speediest and almost anything awesome there. Man i cant wait to go there *sigh* I had a horrible train journey in one of my holiday destinations, they're so not organised with the trains and worse, terrible as in truly terrible toilet ..aiiiiiiii, just remembering it i feel like puking eww eww

    I didnt know your handsome munchkin first travelled at the age of 3, awwwww, so what does he think of his travels now? Does he love Japan?

    Thanks for posting this blog Lina, i truly enjoyed reading and looking at the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. ^_^

      What does Raimie thinks of his yearly travel to Japan? Oh gawd... He feels it is so normal that he doesn't even brag about it to his friends.LOL

      Pegi Taiping lagi dia kagum. Wakaka

      Delete
    2. IIRC, that train trip was in China? :-D

      Delete
  9. Always love to see the trains in Japan they are so clean. I wonder most of the pixz shown not many pax, on an off peak ride?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually take photos if we get onboard at the first station, hence the lack of crowd seen. And yeah, I never take photos if we get onboard during super-peak time because we avoid traveling during those hours. :-D

      Delete
  10. What a long nose! The train looks like Pinochiu! The train tells lies... :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...