Saturday, 30 March 2013

Taito City Loop Bus

A shot of "megurin", a loop bus covering the Taito city area, Akihabara,Ueno, and Yanaka. 100yen per ride or 300yen for a one-day pass. 

A good way to see a glimpse of Asakusa/Ueno that one might not see as the buses travel through the back alleys. Have to admit though, we have yet rode on one.

Plus, if memory serves me right; we've only rode a bus one time in Tokyo. From Ikebukuro back to Asakusa. It took more than double the time it'll take if we got on a train instead but I have to say that one and a half hours ride or so was FUN and I saw so many interesting out of the main way sights along the route. ^^

12 comments:

  1. Looks good and a lot of fun. I personally like a slower pace and to soak up the atmosphere of a place on foot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bus rides would be nice for the feet when it get too tired! LOL

      Delete
  2. That's my bus!!! :D

    I seldom ride it - you know I'm compulsive-obsessive when it comes to walking - but I still regard it as MY BUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're too.

      Though not as OCD about taking trains but a bus ride once in a while is nice. If not for the view, for the characters that get on one.

      Buses in Japan are filled up by the elderly, aren't they? ;)

      p.s. Wish I can say its my bus too. *sulk*

      Delete
    2. Err. *Everywhere* in Japan is filled up by the elderly.

      (^0^)

      Yes, especially buses.

      Delete
    3. I thought all of Japan is like Harajuku and Shibuya? Filled with weirdly dressed youngsters?

      No?

      *shattered image of Japan*

      Delete
  3. Riding a bus is a good way to explore unfamiliar towns. :)
    The red bus is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed.
      There are a lot of cute buses in Japan. ;)

      Delete
  4. Very cute looking bus... have not taken this before...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...