Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Mishmash

First off
There's a biscuit stick in my race kit pack and I kinda got reminded of JA's Pocky post. :P
I'll be running my 8th half marathon this Sunday. It's supposed to be my 9th HM after Standard Chartered KL Marathon which was supposed to be held on June 30th, but it was postponed to September due to the bad haze we are experiencing right now.

I'll have two (hopefully three) full marathons after Ramadhan or fasting month, which means training is full speed ahead still. One on Sep 1st. The second (which was still up to Zaini to OK it) on Oct 19th and the third one on Nov 17th. Crazy huh? 

I posted this on my two other blogs already but what the heck! It's not everyday I get a chance like this.

The family got into the news last week. In the Malay language newspaper. Two newspapers. ^^
 
 
Then, there's this happy family photo taken at a cleaning product bloggers' tea party we attended last week. No running last week so I was free to do other stuff. hur hur

I was told by a fellow blogger that I was quite popular at that event. HAHAHA
There's cheer amongst Malaysians as Japan has lifted the visa requirement to enter the country, effective July 1st. Yeay!
You can read about the announcement here.

AirAsia X has relatively cheap tickets to Japan (Tokyo/Osaka).

Malaysia Airlines is having a great deal too, for travel until Mar 2014! Osaka return for RM899! Ooooooo tempting, right? But its' fares from Kota Kinabalu lah! Not via KLIA. Ouch.

22 comments:

  1. No visa requirements? Uh-oh, more jungle riff-raff to join the barbarians already here! :D

    When does Ramadan start? I guess I could Google it, but I'm going to be lazy instead and wait for your answer. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should be Jul 10th. :-)

      Yup, brace for plenty of riff raffs coming your way :-D

      Delete
    2. I read somewhere that summer Ramadan is extra difficult, because long days require long fasting. Be tough but take care! ^^

      Delete
    3. We only need to "suffer" for like 12 hours.

      Those who are fasting in countries that has loooooooong daylight has my respect.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the mention :) I have quite a few new Pocky's to try so stay posted. Great to see you guys in the newspaper. I guess you are quite famous now! Great news as well about the visa requirements for Japan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait for more of your Pocky posts.

      Yeah, great news about the visa.

      Now we can fly to Japan on a whim. (If we can afford to do so, that is) ;)

      Delete
  3. It's agreat news I'm glad to read it You're very famous

    RM899 is amazing. 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no no

      We are far from famous. Just lucky to be selected for the interviews :-)

      Yes, the airfare is a good deal.

      Delete
  4. Wow celebrity sekarang. Run Lina Run

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! It's nice to read good news. You are a very famous family in your country! BTW, I watched a TV program which was about a success story of Air Asia CEO. I knew many things about the CEO and KP city. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! How was the running? Today is the day! How was that? I can't wait for your next post! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did it. Blogged (or rather, ranted) about it at my other blog.

      All in all, despite my rants it was a good run. Not the best but a run is a run ^^

      Delete
  7. Hehe! great to get in to the paper - specially for having a clean home :)
    Good news about the visas, and the cheap air fares. I hope now you can figure out a way to get back to Japan soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The no visa requirement sure makes travel to Japan more convenient for us. :-)

      Delete
  8. Heyyyy you're famous now celeb-blog-family :) Awesome hey!!! Firstly

    Selamat menunaikan ibadah puasa to you and family. My princess and I are in Brunei at the moment, thank goodness, puasa in KL is so challenging for me.

    Look at your family making it in the news eh, well done!! I love your son's head accessory so comel!! So KK to Osaka is RM899?? Seriously??? This I must check!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. selamat menyambut Ramadhan to you and family dearie.

      How long are you staying ib Brunei? Have fun.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...