Sunday, 18 August 2013

Beating The Heat

Been hearing about the heat in Japan. Hang in there! Or has the heat subsided? 

Me, beating the heat would occasionally mean dreaming about this...  Oh so cooling.
Wouldn't mind gorging on this
but the ones that are sold here are dry and devoid of juices. Hmph.
Would've enjoyed walking this path again

Envying Ru and all her gamboling about. Have you read her latest escapades?
I also won't say no to this
This is in Port Dickson. Been ages since we are even near a beach.
or this.

This one near my hometown.

But all I did was managing a walk around the neighbourhood.
Spent yesterday's raining and hazy morning having a walk around Malaysia's administrative capital; Putrajaya, with Son for 3 hours. There's one thing not a lot of people seem to know. Putrajaya has a lot of parks and those parks are planted with a lot of indigenous trees from around Malaysia. We just have to know the trees we pass by. There are plenty of nice architectures there, buildings and bridges that visitors love but the flora and fauna do seem to be neglected a bit by visitors.

p.s. Thanks Suzie for the refreshments a.k.a water station and for the photos. :-)

34 comments:

  1. That's good that there are many parks and good architecture in your place.

    I miss the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love some snow right about now but kakigori will have to do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, kakigori.

      Send me some? ;)

      Delete
  3. I remember going to Port Dickson, the first time I went to Malaysia, back in the early 70's. Happy memories of a carefree child meeting my dad's enormous family for the first time. I never knew I had so many cousins!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PD's beach has deteriorated since but it's still a popular weekend getaway.

      You have many cousins there?

      Delete
  4. That beach! Oh, boy, that beach! Aww, man, that beach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should I share the white ones too? hehehe

      Delete
  5. Lina, you're going to make me have a mental breakdown! I can't decide whether I want to stare at the snow photo to cool down, or drool over that beach photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No interest in cool streams? ;)

      Delete
    2. I can find a cool stream relatively easily, even in Tokyo. You just need to know where to go. Beach and snow? Huh-uh. :(

      Delete
    3. We may not have snow here but plenty of nice swimmable beaches. Come over and visit. :)

      Delete
  6. You went on another plantpedition? More brainy fruit? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ants! Very clever ants! :D

      Delete
    2. Brainy and brawny critter-pedition. ;)

      Delete
    3. Critterpedition! I'm going to steal that word! :D

      Delete
  7. Hi! Nice captures. The port Dikson photo is very beautiful. Wishing you a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! THank you. I sent you a e-mail.

      Delete
    2. Yes, we received it.
      Sorry have yet to reply it.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I miss them but I think I'd hate them after a few hours shivering! LOL

      Delete
    2. Even it's tired, but I still love it, hahaha!!! =]

      Delete
  9. Yes, am hanging on here in Japan... my tongue is out hanging too... good thing is, the evenings are getting a bit cooler... and the sound of the crickets are so smoothing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least the evenings are nice.

      Hang in there. Autumn almost beckons! :)

      Delete
  10. Wow, amazing tour! love it. all the places looking fabulous, specially the 1st place. sounds haven for the summer day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Those huge fruits caught my attention! :D
    Taste sweet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very.

      Dripping with juice too. :)

      Delete
  12. Follower ke : 163
    Hai.. Salam Kenal..
    done follow.. jom follow blog teman.. heee.. http://tengkubutang.blogspot.com/

    klu minat kucen leh follow blog ni jugak.. =)
    http://kucenkucenbelog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. At least we have rain in KL lately weather being cool. Oh dear what a lonely umbrella with the car tubes enjoying the view of the sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, true.

      I thought of the same too when I saw the beach umbrella.

      Delete
  14. Are those real fruits? They look as big as water melons! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...