Saturday, 21 September 2013

Nit-Picking

About prices. 
Had this for my birthday dinner treat and can't help but notice the price been adjusted accordingly after the increase of petrol price here in Malaysia. RM50 for this fried oyster + sashimi dish.

The star of this set was however not the fried oyster (I don't really fancy fried stuff but I wanted to eat something different today) but the simmered fish cheek it served along side the oysters. Yummy!

That said, can't help comparing it to this :
We had this at Yayoi-ken, our place of choice for cheap eats when we are in Japan. The free rice refill and tea is the draw for us. HAHAHA

Oh yeah... a day before my birthday, I got to do this :
Had a lengthy photo shoot and a short interview with a Malay tabloid about running with a few of my running friends. :-)

Sorry, just can't resist bragging. Yet, again. heh heh

It was an overall fun experience, apart from some of the questions the reporter asked. How would you feel if the reporter asked you "Were you always big sized?". Errr.... excuse me?

That and the fact that he didn't seem to believe I do run quite a lot. I mean, A LOT. Come on, I don't think he runs 10km for a weekday run, daily. I do. Maybe he did. Then, I apologise. But hmph, anyway.

16 comments:

  1. Fried oyster is my favorite. It's popular food here, you know. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But still not my favourite. Hehehe :P

      Delete
  2. Yeah Kaki Fry カキフライ is very popular here in Japan! I'm more of a Tonkatsu man myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like raw oyster better than furai-ed. Hehehe

      Delete
  3. I'm craving for some Japanese food now.. :|

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday again! ^^

    I'll skip everything. Just gimme that watermelon.

    May I ask a rude direct question? I'm a barbarian after all. Why do some women run with head coverings and others don't? Is it entirely your own choice? Do you get criticized for an uncovered head? Isn't it incredibly awkward to run with a head covering, or do you get used to it? I've been wondering about this for such a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the Muslim ladies choose to wear.

      There are those who choose not to wear (yet) like I do. Yes, we do get criticized by certain people but so far, Malaysia is rather errr.... tolerant about it.

      When one does wear them, one get used to it. Again, if one believes; anything gets easier. Don't you think? They wear them for swimming too. Different materials but essentially, the religious obligation is still observed.

      Delete
  5. This has nothing to do with food, but I know you'll love it:

    http://ajw.asahi.com/article/views/AJ201309200035

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2027?

      I guess I better start saving now for that luxury ride.

      Thanks Jungle Woman! :)

      Delete
  6. Food in Australia is much more expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For Japanese food or anything in general?

      Delete
  7. Happy belated birthday..whoa yummy yummy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated b-day! The meals do look good... I am also not so much in favor of fried foods although I do eat them sometimes...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...