Saturday, 28 September 2013

Nothing on Japan, Something On Me & Running

yet again...


I'm distracted. Can't seem to stop, think, draft or even browse through photos to put up another Japan related posts.

I'll be running in the Standard Chartered KL Marathon tomorrow.

A day before the big race day, this come out in another Malay language newspaper.

Notice anyone familiar in the article? ^^
The title was "We are crazy about running" :-)
We were on a three-page news spread! Imagine that! Hahaha

On a similar note; on marathons, Tokyo Marathon 2014 ballot results are out. Seems like it's getting harder to get a slot now that Tokyo Marathon is one of the World Marathon Majors. There were a number of Malaysian runners who didn't manage to get a slot this year, while most get in last year. 

Who managed to get a slot for the Feb 23rd, 2014 Tokyo Marathon?

Anyway, I'm just thinking...Shonan International Marathon, just in case Nara doesn't pan out for 2014? Hmmmm hmmmm hmmm

20 comments:

  1. I hope that you'll get a ticket of Tokyo Marathon. My office is near to a start point of Tokyo Marathon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not for 2014. Maybe I'll try for 2015? :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! Nice pictures you and your family on the newspaper. I hope you will get a prize tomorrow. I hope you will attend Shonan, Nara or Tokyo Marathon in near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, Minoru. Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck. I know you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I had fun during the run last week. :)

      Delete
  4. All the best on tomorrow!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah getting more and more famous, it seems : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fleeting touch. I doubt I'll ever experience this again. :P

      Delete
  6. Yeah, the title is so apt. You are indeed crazy about running! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going Japan next year or not? : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully.

      But looking like it might not... :(

      Delete
  8. You do know there are a LOT of other marathons. I wanted to do the Suika Marathon. Although it is in June, it is popular and you get watermelon instead of water. :)

    Have a good run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have yet master the knowledge of knowing ALL the marathons there is in Japan. :P

      June = summer?

      Looked at the tee for the marathon and saw Kaito-Kid & Detective Conan on it. My son & hubby would love it!

      Delete
    2. Hang on!

      Is Suika Marathon and Suika-Nagaimo marathon the same?

      Suika-Nagaimo has no half or full marathon categories! o.O

      Delete
    3. I think the Suika-Nagaimo marathon is different...  Check this site, although it is in Japanese. Enough info is in English and pictures too!

      http://www.city.tomisato.lg.jp/0000004489.html

      A 3, 5, and 10km race.

      Delete
    4. I don't do 10k now though. Too darn tiring and stressful. All those speeding people rushing to the finish line. Give me a half anytime (full marathon is too darn tiring too) LOL

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...