Sunday, 3 November 2013

A Date With Son

Of late, it's Mommy & Son night out every Tuesday night. Daddy will only come home around 9pm every Tuesday so we eat out at a nearby mall (both near to Mommy's office and also Grandad's house where Son spends his time after school).

It's stairs Thursday every Thursday, because that's the day when there's a night market nearby FIL house and Son usually errmm... "encourages" me to take the stairs with him. All the way to 15th floors. But that's a different story. HAHAHA

Anyways, a date with son mostly involves Burger King. Sometimes the food court for some spaghetti for Son and Pan Mee (Hakka style, flat flour noodles). Once in a while. he'd agreed to my suggestions for some Korean food.

There's this place called Ko Hyang that I like to go. They used to give unlimited banchan without prompting but they kinda gotten stingy now. Still, nice food there. Good value for money.
Bimbimbap the other day.

Though I usually order soon dobu jigae because I NEED the spicy soup. No fun when it's not spicy.
We usually force I mean encourage Son to order bibimbap because it's more balance (all those veges already mixed inside and no way he can avoid not eating all of them).

But the other day, he ordered tuk guk. Mommy had to help finish them up though. He complained it was too chewy! Geez.
This is what a "Korean" meal over at my house looks like. The plating of the dishes leaves much to be desired, of course. The taste. Well... nobody got admitted to the hospital yet.

It's raining everyday over at this part of the world. A great weather to enjoy a meal of hot and spicy soup. *hungry*

16 comments:

  1. Hmmm, the Korean food makes me feel hungry... and I just had dinner about an hour ago...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your photos made me post food posts because you made me crave for some fish soup, Lrong! :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi! Looks very tasty! I like Korean dishes too. Have nice days for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks spicy. I like spicy food although I'm not strong very spicy food.
    You know, there are many Korean restaurants in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a favourite Korean restaurant, Cocomino? :-)

      Delete
    2. Yes, I have. The restaurants are located in Shinjyuku. I sometimes eat "Bibinba" (rice mixed with seasoned vegetables).

      Delete
    3. that's what my son eats too :-D

      Delete
  4. I love Korean food! We have it a lot at home and there are so many Korean restaurants here in Japan. I've been lucky to have made a few trips to Korea as well from Japan and always eat way too much when over there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll eat way too much too if I go there! LOL

      Delete
  5. Yum looks delicious. So nice to spend time with your son. They grow up too fast

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to ask what's a Korean food post doing on a Japan blog, but then I noticed Raimie's photos, and ... no complaints! :D

    I like to go to yakiniku restaurants to have barbecued veggies. Ja, what can I say, I'm a vegetarian barbarian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dumping both Japanese n Korean posts here, since it'll be a while till I get to Japan again. That's why. :-P

      Delete
  7. Grin - I just had Korean BBQ last Saturday! yumm..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...