Monday, 30 December 2013

A Shining Asakusa In The 21st Century

Sensoji in lights.

Everyday, since 2003 from sunset to 11.00pm; visitors get to see Sensoji's main structures lit up.

We were lucky enough to get to view them twice during our trip. In 2010 and in 2011.

The posts about it here and here. Actually the post in 2011 was pre-Tokyo trip as I wrote it in Mar 2011 and our trip was in Nov 2011. I don't think I ever posted up the few photos I took at Sensoji when we visited it in 2011. Talk about procrastinating! Hur hur

Walking around at night while seeing the temple complex in illumination is quite nice. The crowd is much lesser too, compared to the daytime. I don't know about now but the couple of times we visited Sensoji at night, we didn't see the tour-bus crowd there. A BIG RELIEF! haha

Though I still got a random tourist who tried to ask direction from me.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Who's going to Senso-Ji for the New Year?

21 comments:

  1. Hi,LIna. Wishing you a Happy New Year. I hope you will come to Asakusa next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Minoru.

      It may not be in 2014. Perhaps we'll return to Asakusa in 2015 ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow!!! Thanks gonna be fun!!! Have fun and Happy New Year!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Senso-ji is beautiful day or night! I got some great shots of Senso-ji with Tokyo Skytree when we visited in January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get them both one day! :)

      Delete
  4. Sensoji is one of my favorite place in Tokyo!

    Sb ade kedai meron pan sedap. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, I love the whole Asakusa ;)

      Delete
  5. Me! I'll be going! I feel morally obliged to support my backyard temple, but I'm not going on the 1st. Huh-uh. Therein lies madness. Maybe next weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicken! Bwahaha!!!

      We await your post with bated breath :)

      Delete
  6. Happy 2014 to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to new year to you and your sweeto haato too! :)

      Delete
  7. Happy New year. Senso-ji must be crowded during New Year. We're going to a small temple in new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New year to you and family.

      I'm excited to read about your temple visit. :)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for coming by Luxury Haven! Awesome space here! I visit Tokyo almost every year, but I've yet to see Asakusa in the nite. Mmm..... look quite different. Do subscribe to my blog as I've attractive giveaways regularly, & you've just missed my $100 shopping spree giveaway. Looking fwd to sharing & Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! I wish I can visit Japan every year too!

      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  9. I think you are suffering from Japan addiction, and really need to book another holiday there again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 2014 to you and family Lina. Hope your year started off on a brilliant start :) Just got back from a much needed holiday. Hope to be a good subbie and catch up on your blogs this year !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too!

      Haven't heard from you in ages!

      How's the holiday? :)

      Delete
  11. I know right hehehehe so sorry for the long absence, been so busy with family & friends visiting. I hope to catch up more on your blog again. I miss reading your blogs. Will eventually update my blogsite too 'migrating' to a new website thats more easier and friendlier for me to use hehehe. Our holiday was good, cant wait for more holidays hehehe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...