Wednesday, 14 October 2015

Exceprts Of 2015 Kansai Trip #10 -The Simple Meals

When I returned from our vacation in Japan, I had this conversation with a colleague :

"Wah, you went to Japan kah? 
So nice. 
So you eat sashimi everyday?"

Much as I love sushi and sashimi, no we didn't eat them everyday.

There are a whole range of Japanese food to be enjoyed and we managed to do it on a rather low budget.

And we do try eat food that we might not see served often in Japanese restaurants in Malaysia.
And I particularly love this teishoku (set meal) served at Yayoi-ken.

It's one of their seasonal menu and I was served a bowl of rice (refillable) with a bowl of miso soup, a raw egg, shima hokke (that's the fish) and a bowl of everything slimy. Hahaha Grated yam, natto, ladies fingers (or okra), seaweed, pickle and slices of raw tuna. And all these for a mere 850yen. With free cold water and hot tea at my disposal.

It was delicious!

Of course we also enjoyed our udon, soba, tempura, donburi and bentos too. We enjoyed some special soft-served ice-cream. Drink a lot of interesting drinks too. The whole experience.

As I told my colleague, "Japanese do know how to cook too, you know". ;-)

More posts on everything that we ate, soon. 

4 comments:

  1. I fell in love with okonomiyaki (i think that is how you spell it) popular in Osaka region. If you have not tried it, you would find it a fun experience. But I expect you have tried it because you know Japan so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell in love with okonomiyaki (i think that is how you spell it) popular in Osaka region. If you have not tried it, you would find it a fun experience. But I expect you have tried it because you know Japan so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell in love with okonomiyaki (i think that is how you spell it) popular in Osaka region. If you have not tried it, you would find it a fun experience. But I expect you have tried it because you know Japan so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough, we only enjoy okonomiyaki at home as it is sold at Japanese Supermarkets and restaurants here but not in Japan. ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...