Friday, 23 October 2015

Progress

A song that caught my eyes (and ears) recently although it's a rather old song.

I've been watching the documentary "The Professionals" on NHK World and this song really struck a chord to me.
 
We line-up on the start-line, get-set, and go
seeing that one guy fall,
made me feel shamefully good.

Forgiving people and protecting those I love,
I'm still not very good at that yet,
I'm still as bad as I was back then

The ideal self I was always searching for
Was a bit cooler than what I am now
But the truth is, the days and roads I've walked
Are the real "me"

To all the disappointment in this world,
 And to our bittersweet frustration, I offer this
"Let's take another step and keep moving-on!"

The sky is overflowing with shining stars
As if they're our hopes and our dreams
I stretched out my hand, but couldn't reach
Its like looking at sorrow in a glass case I all I can say is,
"How sad..."
I hate the way I am so much sometimes, I want to kick myself!

Hey, the fact that we had dreams
Doesn't mean our future is the same color as anyone else's
The courage to walk towards an unknown world
Is really "the future"

To all the disappointment in this world,
And to our bittersweet frustration, I offer this
"Let's take another step and keep moving-on!"

The ideal self I was always searching for
Was a bit cooler than what I am now
But the truth is, the days and roads I've walked
Are the real "me"

To all the disappointment in this world,
And to our bittersweet frustration, I offer this
"Let's take another step and keep moving-on!"

Hey, the fact that we had dreams
 Doesn't mean our future is the same color as anyone else's
The courage to walk towards an unknown world
Is really "the future"

To all the disappointment in this world,
And to our bittersweet frustration, I offer this
"Let's take another step and keep moving-on!"

Music: Suga Shikao 
Lyrics: Suga Shikao

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I like the TV program too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The TV program is very inspiring.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I like the TV program too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...